My wife found an awesome tool

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I hate changing oil in her car and the filter in my truck. The dang oil always drips on a cross member. She surprised me with this http://www.formafunnel.com/ Call me a gadget geek, but this thing is so simple it is amazing. I think it is just a rubber coated piece of lead, but I'm jealous that I didn't think of this thing. Just trying to pass on a tool that is simple and works for those people who do there own maintenance.

I'm not affiliated with any company that manufactures or sells this product. I just think it is a great product.

skwoodrow

Kingwood Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those thing are worth their weight in gold!!!! I've had one in my tool box for a couple of years now. You might be surprised with where you end up using it at. Draining radiators with dang it placement drain spouts. On my burb the radiator drained right on to the frame, formed this just right and it went right into my bucket with minimal fluid loss.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fellow gadget geek here. But, I can stop anytime. I likes this one !

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Have had a couple of them for a few years now. They were worth every penny and then some.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
did none of you see the text towards the bottom of the page: "Tool Manufactured by New PIG Corporation"
Yup, rather ironic isn't it?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pig products are awesome, the Pig pads are great for cleaning up spilled oil.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pig products are awesome, the Pig pads are great for cleaning up spilled oil.
We use two types of pads up north. (Don't know the vendor) But, "white" ones are for oil based products, "yellow" ones are for water based products. I'm sure they're not cheap, but, they have absorbs all around like boxes of Kleenex. Do NOT be the guy that leaves a few drops of fluid on the floor of the work tent. And, you'd better be working over "containment" too.

Not only do all of our vehicles on the island have "diapers" to contain a new leak... but, when it gets COLD, hydraulics can begin to leak if not warmed up first... so the fellers wrap absorb pads around the cylinders and tie-wrap them in place. No matter how SMALL the spill, work ceases and it's cleaned up, and reported... and later on is the "what can we do better to avoid it next time" discussion.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds pretty similar to USAF flight line work. We are responsible for every little drop that gets spilled. We go through a lot of PIG mats doing maintenance. If you guys like this kind of stuff check out their Pig-a-Log.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Im going to try some of their fuel saver water absorbers as soon as I can find them locally. Shipping on those things is a bit steep! Got ~6000 gallons of diesel and gas in transfer tanks and bulk tanks around the ranch, see if we can improve thing a touch.