My Redemption Hogs!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After last nights fiasco with rifle off by 10' I couldn't take it.
I returned to my new spot around 3:30 pm. Wet and cold but I bundled up and went for a hike. About 5:15 found my way over to where I missed the hogs last night. There were about 20 or more headed into the field at the same spot. Having little confidence in my gun right now for a long shot, I belly crawled to within 100 yds and got on the barbwire fence. There were some big ones out farther but lined up on the closest ones brain bucket and touched it off. DRT. Then all hog wild broke loose, I dropped another and hit a couple others running but they did not go down. Shooting 223/64 gr Winchester Hog Thumpers(something like that, the box looked cool). The spotted one was standing there squealing but not moving so I put one in the head. I went and looked for the other ones I hit but no luck.
Quick field boning job and home by 7 1st hogs at Kays 002.JPG 1st hogs at Kays 003.JPG 1st hogs at Kays 005.JPG pm. Nice.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You have some serious anger issues towards hogs. I didn't even like driving in this mess today, much less belly crawl after hogs in a wet/cold field.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang man you have some hogs!?? So the scope is fixed or you will find out the next time you do that again?:) Very nice, glad you ended up with a few. Good on ya!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work. Are you feeling pigdicated now?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys crack me up.
Curly...not sure about the scope yet. Have to tear down gun in the AM...full of sand, wet sand. I will recheck scope and see if it held zero again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you Sir have issues, no way I was going out! Man of steel! congrats on the perfect grilling size hogs! I have not seen many successful knocking down running hogs and recovering them w a 223, great for still shooting.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good work and good story!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats...... It don't get much better than that!