My new Zeus 3x 640core 75mm

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir here, but WOW!

I got to take it out Wednesday night for about 15 minutes, and hot objects caused the background to dim slightly. However, everything in the background was still visible. Mailboxes, vehicles, trees, shrubs, houses, they were clearly visible. I was afraid they were going to black out completely with a hot object in the fore-ground, didn't happen.

It rained yesterday afternoon and evening, we finished mowing the route at 11:00 today, and have had about 3" of rain since. Weatherman is predicting 70-80% chance of showers this weekend and 3-6" of rain. Plus the granddaughters are here for the next 4 days, down from Jacksonville. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to read the manual and maybe push a few buttons when they are playing video games. Maybe it'll get mounted and zeroed next weekend.

Thanks to everyone who helped educate me and lead me down a long and adventuresome path. If I had a dollar for all the hours I've been researching and watching videos the past few months, I could get a nice spotter. Some of you know who you are, others who have posted videos don't, but thanks just the same.

Trust me the videos on you tube don't do the display justice. Did I say WOW!

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah it's a bad ace unit. Guess what it ain't over you're just getting started.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's over till I get the credit card paid off. That's a pretty good chunk of change for this old boy. Lets just say birthdays, christmas's, and anniversaries for several years. LOL

As I said on another forum though "It is cheaper than a new $40,000 bass boat". I was thinking of spending 4k then.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's over till I get the credit card paid off. That's a pretty good chunk of change for this old boy. Lets just say birthdays, christmas's, and anniversaries for several years. LOL

As I said on another forum though "It is cheaper than a new $40,000 bass boat". I was thinking of spending 4k then.
That is what I told my wife...and batteries are cheaper than gas. too dang funny

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

You need a PVS-14 for helmet and what are you going to spot with?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like I might have to build that spotter off of the UK night vision forum after all. I've got all the parts just need to do some machining. But we all know that thermal "spots" better than digital or NV. So I'll eventually end up with another thermal monocular of some sort. Right now a friend has a PVS14 that he just bought, and I've got a thermal so we can make a pretty good team. I've just got to get a hog barrel made and get over to his place.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I,was able to pick up a blem PVS-14 at half,the price. Several years ago. Not seen any in a while if I did might pick up,another. I am going coon hunting tonight half moon and clear so no,problems spotting.

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I have one on the way and can't wait. I was impressed with my 336 Predator so I know I'll be blown away with my new 640 75mm. Congrats on your new thermal!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have one on the way and can't wait. I was impressed with my 336 Predator so I know I'll be blown away with my new 640 75mm. Congrats on your new thermal!
Yes, you will love it. congrats on your new thermal also.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
[quote="customcutter, post:

Trust me the videos on you tube don't do the display justice. Did I say WOW![/quote]

You loose about 5-10% recording then there is also loss in resolution uploading to youtube so most of the time all of the thermals will look better through the scope!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is what I told my wife...and batteries are cheaper than gas. too dang funny
Yes, back when I used to have a boat instead of a "land yacht". Gas and fuel last trip down to Boca Grande (2 hour drive) for the day would run about $300. So a couple of CR123's is a whole lot cheaper.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Back when I fished off shore my Hydrosport held over a 100 gals of gas. Took about half to run out to The Point off Hattress and fish all day and come back. So this is cheaper.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Mr. UPS Man just dropped off two of these at my office. I am now looking at the Armasight extended battery unit. Has anyone used it? How long is its battery life with CR123? With 18650? I assume it plugs into the video port, so probably can't use it at the same time as a DVR?

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
The Mr. UPS Man just dropped off two of these at my office. I am now looking at the Armasight extended battery unit. Has anyone used it? How long is its battery life with CR123? With 18650? I assume it plugs into the video port, so probably can't use it at the same time as a DVR?
They have a split cable that will allow you to run both the battery pack and the dvr. I have seen your electronic prowess though....I'm going to hazard a guess that you could make one and save yourself 15 cases of beer worth of money.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They have a split cable that will allow you to run both the battery pack and the dvr. I have seen your electronic prowess though....I'm going to hazard a guess that you could make one and save yourself 15 cases of beer worth of money.

Screwing around with a $500 Cadillac thermal camera is one thing- I wouldn't cry myself to sleep for a month if I zapped one of those like I would if I zapped a Zeus 640...... I should probably see how long the 2x CR123 batteries last in the 30hz unit before worrying too much about the extender.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Screwing around with a $500 Cadillac thermal camera is one thing- I wouldn't cry myself to sleep for a month if I zapped one of those like I would if I zapped a Zeus 640...... I should probably see how long the 2x CR123 batteries last in the 30hz unit before worrying too much about the extender.

Mine last several hunts but I do not use it to spot only when it's time to shoot.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I ordered the external battery pack and the DVR unit with the 2 CR123's. You cannot use the 2 together, only 1 at a time. However, if you use the DVR, it has a switch that allows you to switch between battery for the scope, and recording on the DVR, if I understood the conversation with Andrew at Armasight correctly. He did say that they hope to have a cable available this fall that allows you to use both units together.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that is cool

shawns

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
I received mine today. Armasight website under this model, show several pics. One pic is of the menu and shows "sceneries". Is this a mistake on their part? Mine does not have scenarios where you can select "pig" etc.