Mouth called a yote!

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
IMG_20131215_191014_zps33ab95c1.jpg

First time that I called a yote in with a mouth call. I was super stoked and to top it off my son was sitting next to me and spotted the yotes (yes there was two) first so he got to see some of the action too! Funny thing was I missed the first shot and had to pop him on the run...

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!! I don't like those fawn and turkey killers.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't know what is more impressive calling a yote by mouth or hitting him on the run. Either way great work.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No kidding, I figure both are tough...had to make up for that missed shot w his son there...LOL See Son, I only shoot them on the move, the first shot was to get him running!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The coyotes that I have seen or called in are pretty much always on the move. The one that I killed about a week and a half ago did not want to hold still for me. I finally got on him w/ thermal,and gave a bark. This will stop them for _______ ...about that long. You damn well had better be ready.

When guiding in Maine I used to get the sport on them...scope caps off,safety off,finger on trigger...then bark. They would slam on the brakes and take a look. This, for at the most 5 seconds. I'd tell the sports...."as soon as he stops,break the trigger". Doing this I have never got the second chance unless the yote wants to take that one last look from a distance of a quarter mile. --- pruhdlr

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Almost got the chance to take me a song-dog a few years ago, black powder hunting. He winded me about the time I spotted him trotting towards me (I just happened to turn and look behind me). He spun on his front hoof and was throwin' up dust to put distance between us in a blur. I'd kinda hoped I could ugly him to death, but, no luck.

Congrats on it. Lots of fun.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good job! I shot a yote on Wednesday while deer hunting. I used a rabbit call I keep in my pack to stop him. I saw him flinch and then make about two full 360 degree spins before he took off like a flash. Never found him or blood trail, so I still don't have a confirmed kill with my new 6.8.