Misc. Thermal Fun

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So today I learned you can use your thermal to monitor A/C flow in you house.
Also saw where there are obvious leaks around my door and in a small crack in the wall.
Who knew...
What else can you do with these things besides shoot hogs?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... you ASKED...

thermalcamerafart.gif

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can check the level of corn in a feeder and the level of propane (or any liquid) in a tank.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can check to see if the balasts in some lights is going out, they look much warmer than normal ones.

You can check for insulation behind drywall pretty easily.

Before my wife's last knee surgery, I used it to check inflammation locations in her knee. Amazing the detail you can see.

You can also piss off your wife by telling her the cat looks possessed through it....

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can check to see if the balasts in some lights is going out, they look much warmer than normal ones.

You can check for insulation behind drywall pretty easily.

Before my wife's last knee surgery, I used it to check inflammation locations in her knee. Amazing the detail you can see.

You can also piss off your wife by telling her the cat looks possessed through it....
Sometimes, the truth hurts.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
More like she temporarily withheld the "wine bottle of knowledge"
As an FYI... if "withholding" of other matters of great importance are implemented... a reminder that one MUST "purge" stupidity from one's system is a valid defense. LOL

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have used my thermal spotting scope to ..... check on the kids in their rooms.

Yeah, but have you changed a diaper without turning the lights on while wearing NODs?

Being able to check the deer feeder levels from a couple 100 yards is nice. I've used the handheld thermal to figure out which axle and brake is screwing up on hte Bad Boy Buggy hog-mobile. It's always something on that thing.

znztivguy

LSB Member
Changing diapers with Thermal and NVD is now on top of my bucket list. Any mistakes on my part, and my wife will definitely be withholding (insert clever quip here)

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last night videoed a few yearling bucks within 25 yards. Black hot can see horns. White hot looks like does.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just an FYI... "Antlers" drop seasonally (deer/elk/moose...), "Horns" do not (cattle, rams, rhino...).

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last night videoed a few yearling bucks within 25 yards. Black hot can see horns. White hot looks like does.
They show up when bucks are in velvet a lot more noticeably I think