Memorial Day Weekend 2017 Success

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Met up with some friends in Nocona, TX that have never thermal or night vision hog hunted before. Had only used flashlights prior to that, and were still killing more pigs consistently than me! But we had a blast, they are hooked on thermal now, and we confirmed 24 hogs down in the weekend, which is my personal best for a weekend.

There were some circumsatnces hindering us from getting more pigs (in addition to just flat out missing some shots,lol).

On the one particular HUGE group:

- We should have stalked a little closer prior to shooting (started at about 60yds, probably could have closed the distance another 20yds or so)
- We were conscience of how much ammo we had left, but since that was probably the last hunt of the weekend, we should have shot more.
- there were two thermal 6.8 shooters and one .223 N550 Digisight shooter with an EWT 500HD IR
- Only one suppressed gun.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great haul guys.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have they ordered suppressors yet too?

Looked like Dr. Jones went with you too. Half mile away and still shooting!

Last edited:

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its one of those things where "yeah we killed a lot, but if we would have done (or had) a few things different, we could have killed SO MUCH MORE...."
Ain't that every hunt??

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! That's a lot of pigs! Good job. I have never had that many hogs in front of me at one time.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well. No because they are keeping their fingers crossed for the HPA.......

That's a fool's errand. I know folks that are a couple of years into that process, you know, back when turnaround time was 3-5 months, just to save $200, and they could have been shooting suppressed for the last year and a half....but they are playing it smart and are going to beat the system by waiting on HPA which may not come for years...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a mess of bacon! Down, and still on the run. Makes a feller long for a mini-gun!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good vid and some nice hogs down!! So many hogs!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lotta pigs! Well done!