Meet Porky

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Meet porky. I shot a sow a few years back that was ready to give birth. I did a rushed C-section on her and got 6 babies out of her. I could only get 2 of them to breath. I sold the smaller of the two, 2years ago to a hog buyer he weighed 425. I kept porky because he was massive and made for good pics. Also he talks to the microphone better.
The boys at 2 days
559922_511256285579736_1137738334_n.jpg

The boys and jayden at 2 mo.
62113_511256505579714_207702498_n.jpg

and now!
644289_511257082246323_1543870435_n.jpg

599041_511257195579645_1227194210_n.jpg

and the inspiration for the HOG ZOMBIES™
377689_499873296718035_618690593_n.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! So you sold him to a processor or a game ranch?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
WOW !! Great story...and...what a hog. Did you have them barred ??

I comend you and your family. When I was younger I always tried to raise wild animals and could never bring myself to give 'em up. My dad always had to just make them dissapear while I was at school. --- pruhdlr

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes I sold him to a place for slaughter. He would jump my 4 ft fence and go to the sow pens. I live on a major highway and was worried he would get hit and hurt someone. All of mu animals are expendable except a dog or two.
No they are very much in tact.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They do like to get fed, did he stay docile with you till the end?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yes porky is still very docile, however we do not make it a practice to get in the pen with him. They are still a wild animal, We hav eone boar that has always been moody and it changes in the blink of an eye! Porky has always been sweet natured though.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hot damn, that's a big bar hog! All of our wild hogs we had trapped/caught back in the day were slaughtered at 200-250lbs, they are just too hard to deal with pen-wise after that.

Most hogs are pretty easy going in my experience, until you get between them and food or fornication. Otherwise, scratch their belly, give them a mud hole, and they are happy.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
the only time he has ever offered to be aggressive was when he was with a hot sow. He'll get between you and her and give a deep gut growl. We assume he means it. Course he don't get lucky anymore because of it. That would just make me meaner, but he's okay with it.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well with a hog that size, even if he didn't mean to hurt ya, it wouldn't take much for him to batter you around pretty good, even accidentally.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had one over 5o0 pounds get frisky with me. He was just playing. I saw it coming and moved my hand as fast as I could. Wasn't fast enough! Cut me bad enough I had to super glue it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I leg snared an 80 lb sow and tried to grab her. She was on me in a flash, grabbed my hand, broke my finger and cut my finger up bad with those lower teeth. She started shaking it like a gator. I still tie all my trapped hogs and take them out alive but have a new found respect for their strength and speed. Can't fathom a hog that big getting mad at you.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had some 15 pound hogs that needed doctored. If you ever seen a probiotics tube, they are heavy duty. One of them bit it nearly in half. That hussy never liked me after that! She knew it was me coming 80 yards away! She hated me! Loved the wife and kids. Would eat tomatoes out of their hand. I can't begin to tell you what all I've learned from pened feral hogs. However they do act somewhat different from wild feral hogs. Still it has unlocked a number of mysteries for me. a 500-600 pound boar is lightenning fast. don't think for a minute he aint! 200-300 pounders are faster. And I'm gettin' too old and fat to catch the lil fellers!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amen to that. The only reason I wrestle them is because I am getting old and fat. haha.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
WOW !! Great story...and...what a hog. Did you have them barred ??

I comend you and your family. When I was younger I always tried to raise wild animals and could never bring myself to give 'em up. My dad always had to just make them dissapear while I was at school. --- pruhdlr

By the way we've raised tons of wild critters, squirrels, coons, possums, birds, pigs,skunks. I'm sure I left out something. You wouldn't believe how many tame critters we have.
The kids raise rats, mice, hamsters, snakes, geckos, spiders, fish, rabbits, love birds, finches.
We also have pigeons, chickens, guineas, quail,ducks,pigs,12 dogs, cats{which I hate},cows. sold the donkeys and the horse finally died.