Lots of excitement

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took my new Trail XP50 back out into the field Thursday evening and decided to watch a feeder tube from some bushes about 100yds away. Didn't see anything for an hour but one coon. I decided to move and scan another area that was west of the tube and had to walk right by it and jump the creek that runs just in front of it. I walk up a slight incline and set up my tripod to start scanning. Something set off my "spidey" senses and I turned to scan the tube again from my new vantage point about 50yds away. That coon had turned into a boar! There is no way he couldn't have picked up my scent from just walking through there two minutes ago. I do use a scent cover spray on my camo and it must work really well. Caught the shot on video this time. Figuring that was it for the evening I took time to do a photo op of the kill and then headed to the truck to load him up and drop him off where the buzzards will find him.
Hog038.gif

On the hike to the truck I catch the smell of hogs in the wind. I move to a clearing and start scanning once again. Over on the next hillside this is what I saw...

Noticing that they were working their way towards me I have to move again to set up over the trail I suspected they would use. No sooner had I turned on the scope and another boar was coming up the trail straight towards me. I had to get on him and shoot before I thought to press Record (dang it!). It took three shots to stop him but he finally went down.
Hog039.gif

I hope having this much fun will convince some buds of mine to get into thermal too real soon. I'm still waiting on a chance to stalk up on a big sounder and empty a mag onto them like I see the experts do here!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job on the videos.

LSB Active Member
I hope having this much fun will convince some buds of mine to get into thermal too real soon. I'm still waiting on a chance to stalk up on a big sounder and empty a mag onto them like I see the experts do here!

You and me both! I'd love to catch some suckers out in a pasture. Way to go and enjoy!! It's way fun impossible to describe to someone who hasn't done it. When I took mine out first night it was 10x more fun that I thought it would be. Nearly a year later having even more fun.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice. Looks like you will be having fun for a while.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You and me both! I'd love to catch some suckers out in a pasture. Way to go and enjoy!! It's way fun impossible to describe to someone who hasn't done it. When I took mine out first night it was 10x more fun that I thought it would be. Nearly a year later having even more fun.

I'm with you 100% !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would say, the pump is primed... let the hog blood flow.

Bama

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video and hunt! I've got my thermal in Sept. 17 and have had more fun stalk hunting different fields on my place than sitting in a shooting house waiting for a hog to show up. Although I do that from time to time too.
Have you downloaded the new firmware?

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video and hunt! I've got my thermal in Sept. 17 and have had more fun stalk hunting different fields on my place than sitting in a shooting house waiting for a hog to show up. Although I do that from time to time too.
Have you downloaded the new firmware?
It is much better than sitting in a stand and much more productive as well! I've already shot as many hogs this year as I did all of 2017. I did load the new firmware that enabled you to record sound. Is that the version you are talking about?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down! Always a surprise to see hogs when you least expect it!