Long night 3 hogs.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We had a younger gentleman join our management team mid February, he has some hunting experience, but only hog hunting was one heli-hunt. Our schedules finally aligned and we went out @ 10pm Saturday night. We made a run through the usually hot places and saw nothing but deer , drove to one of the more remote farms and saw a sounder but passing car (oddly acting, probably poachers) scared them off. So we made another round and finally found a small group of 7 or 8 on top of a corn silage pile literally destroying it a couple minutes before 4am. He was shooting my 5.56 using ir laser and I had the 6.8 with Pulsar XD38A. I put him on the big pig and I took the next biggest. We both hit our marks then I switched to the big boy. Several small pigs came down but I was only able to see one from my vantage point, we both shot it. 3 for the night. when we went to recover we were amazed to see how big the large boar was, after we rolled him down off pile he taped @ 52 inches so somewhere around 320. tmp_22031-IMG_0540.JPG-1766556052.jpeg tmp_22031-IMG_0543.JPG1206961645.jpeg Long but great evening.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job, you sure grow them big Lancer! Now get some sleep, dont know about you but those long nights keep getting harder and harder to recover from!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a big ol' boar ! Congrats. Good of you to get him all set up like that. Lancer stalks the night... taking hogs and runnin' off the undesirables too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! That is a beast! Good job.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Big Ole boar! Way to go.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow - Huge Boar you guys dropped. Good to see you had hydraulic power to pickup that Big porker.

Dennis

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good big pig down! Looks like happy hunters!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going Lancer! Another huge boar down. Imagine how many pounds of cattle food that boy has eaten already.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jumbo Boar

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are feeding the hogs very well there...well done Lance!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are feeding the hogs very well there...well done Lance!
Thanks, Guys. We normally see a lot of hogs but not really anything of this size. I seem to be on a roll, this is 2 300+ hogs in a couple of weeks. Maybe our lack of winter has them out.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the video, lots of views of hogs on silage pile as we moved around trying to get something behind them for a backdrop. The first one i shot on left took a 20' dive but I didn't catch it on video. The big guy upended a tractor tire and sent it rolling down the pile.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice video Lance. Gotta love it when they run right toward you.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting and good awareness of the lack of a backstop. The last hog looked like he was hit by lightning while trying to do a cartwheel.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting