Lone Young Boar

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hunted the oat fields Thursday night but the oats aren't quite ripe, no action. I headed to the back of the property to check my bait hole and pig pipe although the breeze was wrong for the one way approach. Scanned the area and nothing. I walked in closer and all of a sudden a hog appeared. He climbed out of the bait hole which has now become a pit. I would have snuck in closer to make it more fun but I knew he would wind me pretty quick.

Two more backstraps for the skillet. Guys I've been slicing them thin, soaking in milk, and battering them in flour and creole seasoning before frying in olive oil till crispy. Serve with a little gravy, a veggie, and rice or mashed potatoes. Yum. Even the picky eaters at my station that won't eat deer meat love it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice one shot anchor on that beast. Congrats. And the recipe sounds tasty.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Recipe sounds delicious! Good hog down and good timing ... he definitely caught wind when he lifted up his head.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot! Any idea what that was that startedto appear on the far right of the screen right as/after you shot?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Jake! I like the sound of the recipe, you will have to make sure I do it right!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is a cool looking hog. If you can say one is cool looking.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going Jake! I was already hungry, but you made me start drooling.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Instant lights out for the road kill hog!
The back strap recipe and menu sounds great...I plan to try it soon.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Recipe sounds delicious! Good hog down and good timing ... he definitely caught wind when he lifted up his head.
I think you're right Gshock

"Any idea what that was that started to appear on the far right of the screen right as/after you shot?"
It was actually a downed oak tree Blakester. It's amazing how long into the night the oak logs hold the heat from the sun.

"Very nice. Gotta love PiP! It is a shame more scopes don't have that!"

"Pip was slick,"

For sure, it is really growing on me for the opening shots. Especially the longer ones.

Thanks everyone, definitely try the fried backstrap steaks. Simple and delicious!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Great shot and I do like the PiP.

For the recipe, I generally don't use olive oil for any hi temp cooking, it has way too low of a smoke point.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!