Leupold tracker thermal sight

JPK

LSB Active Member
Nice compact, ergonomic packaging. I wonder what the street price will be.

Would need a Butler Creek for light discipline and 6x is a joke. Still, if the street price is right it would be great for me; I get tired of my son or hunting bud asking to look through my spotter and then having to ask for it back all of the time.

JPK

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It isn't high resolution. Depending on the FOV, it might look comparable to a 320 resolution 1x scope or look a lot worse. The wider your FOV, the more image per pixel. Ideally, you want each pixel handling as little image as possible.

JPK

LSB Active Member
From the link....$875

Yea, that is MSRP, as Leupold notes. Street price will be lower, question is how much lower.

Maybe $600? Just about have to do it at that cost.

I spoke with a bud who owns a sports store and sells Leupold. He predator hunts too, but loves his red lights. He is going to check when they will ship and his costs.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
It isn't high resolution. Depending on the FOV, it might look comparable to a 320 resolution 1x scope or look a lot worse. The wider your FOV, the more image per pixel. Ideally, you want each pixel handling as little image as possible.

I'm thinking along these lines: A Pulsar has 388 or so resolution. A Pulsar at 2x digital has a little less than 200 resolution. You aren't going to positively ID a critter at much range, but you will know it's there and have an idea of what it is. You can positively ID with your higher resolution scope. It will beat the hell out of scanning with your rifle.

For my son and I, or a bud and I, I have two ARs set up with thermal scopes. But I have one spotter. The spotter gets traded back and forth. That sucks. For (hopefully) $500 or $600 the Leupold solves the issue, and with what appears to be a really nice, compact, handy form factor.

Also, I have found a thermal very useful when deer hunting, especially in tight cover and Sitka deer hunting. Having a spotter for both my son and I would be great.

JPK