Last Hunt of 2016

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hands down one of my most memorable hunts. Shawns friend is a horticulturist who HATES deer species and is over run with them. He wasn't sure if hogs were in the area so I stuck around to find out.

Most of all this puppy was great to hunt with.

D

djones

good vid
good job
nicely done
go zenman

i'd like to put together a compilation of Team OinK hunts for 2016, but just the kill shots alone would take weeks to watch

Last edited by a moderator:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good vid
good job
nicely done
go zenman

i'd like to put together a compilation of Team OinK hunts for 2016, but just the kill shots alone would take weeks to watch
Killshot vids are nice!!!! BANG BANG!! Edit out the flying clods though!:) Please

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. Congrats! Question, are whitetail legal to shoot with thermal and or night vision?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good vid
good job
nicely done
go zenman

i'd like to put together a compilation of Team OinK hunts for 2016, but just the kill shots alone would take weeks to watch[
good vid
good job
nicely done
go zenman

Nice Reply
Good Spelling
Short and to the point
2 thumbs up for Suss's reply to Zen

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video. Congrats! Question, are whitetail legal to shoot with thermal and or night vision?
I wondered that too? I suppose the Axis is because they are Axis. Being over run with escapees Axis wouldn't be a bad thing and then hogs too. I hear they are very tasty. It is nice when you have friends like that and let you all come whack em!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Puppies is kewl !!! Cute little guy. Nice hunt!! Congrats, and thanks for a nice vid too.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wondered that too? I suppose the Axis is because they are Axis. Being over run with escapees Axis wouldn't be a bad thing and then hogs too. I hear they are very tasty. It is nice when you have friends like that and let you all come whack em!! BANG BANG!!
It's my understanding that axis are classified as "exotic" animals, along with feral hogs and can be hunted by the same rules as feral hogs as long as u have a hunting license. Though bobcats and coyotes are classified as "nongame" animals. Does this mean u don't need a hunting license for bobcats and coyotes and other "nongame animals??" Also anyone able to confirm the nv/thermal rules for whitetail "game" animals...aka not exotic and not nongame animals?? Im pretty sure there is a rule about not being allowed to use artificial light to hunt "game" animal whitetail (except the light from an illuminated reticle,holographic, or red dot that doesn't project any light outside the scope itself), which would mean no ir lights with night vision.
Nongame, Exotic, Endangered, Threatened & Protected Species — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

D

djones

Nice Reply
Good Spelling
Short and to the point
2 thumbs up for Suss's reply to Zen
thanks for the kudos. i don't mean to sound greedy, but what about that prayer. i was serious about that! i hope to be hunting with OinK this weekend and I'll need it if i'm even going to get a shot in anywhere.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks for the kudos. i don't mean to sound greedy, but what about that prayer. i was serious about that! i hope to be hunting with OinK this weekend and I'll need it if i'm even going to get a shot in anywhere.
My "like" is sufficient for you. lol

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does this mean u don't need a hunting license for bobcats and coyotes and other "nongame animals?
It is my understanding that all the critters belong to the state and if you want to blast one you have to have a license. Just talked to the Rabbit Ranger and he said if you hunt you have to have a license. He said you can not shoot a deer at night period!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is my understanding that all the critters belong to the state and if you want to blast one you have to have a license. Just talked to the Rabbit Ranger and he said if you hunt you have to have a license. He said you can not shoot a deer at night period![/QUOTE
A hunting license is required of any person, regardless of age, who hunts any animal, bird, frog or turtle in this state (except furbearers, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license). No license is required for nuisance fur-bearing animals, depredating hogs or coyotes (see below). Non-residents under 17 years of age may purchase and hunt with the Youth Hunting License (Type 169).

Purchase a hunting license »

hunter education requirements still apply.

Youth Hunti

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That didn't totally attach but that is the basics.

D

djones

My "like" is sufficient for you. lol
i gotta say i'm a little disappointed, but it is what it is. I will, however, say a prayer for you and i'll throw in a little something for the heathens and miscreants. give me a few minutes and you should be feeling me.

by the way, which post did you actually 'like'. remember, you have to click on it dad

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
by the way, which post did you actually 'like'. remember, you have to click on it dad
I didn't really like any of them but everyone gets a trophy for showing up. ;)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that was harsh
Ok Ok I will pray that you go on a long trip to kill hogs and your success will be unequaled by almost anyone at the same place that you go on that day!