Last Hog of 2019

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was able to make one last hog hunt before the end of the year when I visited my daughter in Stephens County, TX. Her significant other is from northern NM and hasn’t done much hog hunting and NONE with thermal sights so I took him out to try to do some eradication. The first night out, we saw a couple hogs, but the area is so thick around the pasture that we were unable to get within range for a shot before they slipped into the thick brush. The second night, we were a little more lucky. We spotted a lone boar as soon as we turned into the pasture and decided to do our best to get to him before he pulled a Houdini trick on us. The three of us headed out across the pasture single file and closed the 5 or 6 hundred yards without spooking him and got within about 100 yards using a tree as a shield. When we set up for the shot, the boar decided it was time to hustle over to the pecan trees that were off to our right and covered about 50 yards in the time it took us to set up our shooting sticks and was getting very close to crossing our wind and detecting us so the video is a little rushed. Also, I was trying to start the video on his thermal strictly by feel and unfortunately, I didn’t get his started so I only have the video from my IRD MK II. Hope you enjoy the video. This rounds out the year with 6 hogs, all lone boars over 205 lbs. This boy taped out at 215 lbs, but was one of the longest hogs I have ever shot and may have been heavier.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thant’s a good looking hog. Good shooting! Nice close out to the year!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heavens ta Murgatroy!!! EXIT... Stage LEFT!!!! Ow-Ow-Ow-OW... flop!

Learnin' him right. Good work Kemosabe.