large boar

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was finally able to buy my won hunting property a couple of months ago. It is only 50 acres but it is mine. This large boar started showing up on camera. I finally got set up to hunt and on the first night right at dark he showed up. I took him with a green light on a .450 Bushmaster using 250gr Hornady round. Dropped him in his tracks. He weighed in at 290 lbs. What is crazy is he had been shot before in the high back area. The wound was covered in maggots.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, that is a long ridgeline...nasty wound!

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job. You hammered that one eh?? Them Maggots were just getting a head start. :eek:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the land purchase ! That's exciting. Very fine hog to start out with on the new spread too. Nice shot. How much back strap did ya lose to the old wound? That's got some ugly goin' on there.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big ol mean lookin hog! I assume you're not gonna eat him??

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a really nice boar! Congrats on the real estate, nothing like having something that's yours.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a nice one right out of the gate, he is a dandy!!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
New land purchase and your own hog to boot! Awesome! I wouldn't eat that rotten thing, stop at HEB on the way home.
Somebody, somewhere nearby, is telling his buddies about the 400 lb zombie boar he shot and it got up and ran off. LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
New land purchase and your own hog to boot! Awesome! I wouldn't eat that rotten thing, stop at HEB on the way home.
Somebody, somewhere nearby, is telling his buddies about the 400 lb zombie boar he shot and it got up and ran off. LOL
Probably shot him with a .300wtf. Great hog and congrats on the property.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now there is your BBQ size. So what surrounds you and does your 50 have a draw for hogs other than your bait?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the picture!! They look like some dandy ones coming up in the future. If he was the dad you are going to have some onsters!!! Nice going, the picture is pretty cool, love the ridgebacks!!! BANG BANG!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the land and hog! That hog has some razor on him... Happy hunting on ur new place.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Baby Tuskers! Looks like the hill country above S.A.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now there is your BBQ size. So what surrounds you and does your 50 have a draw for hogs other than your bait?

I bought what we could afford. It is a subdivided ranch with sections from 50 acres to several hundred acres in Rocksprings. We lost our 1000 acre lease 30 minutes from our house and replaced it with 50 acres 3 hours from the house.

First week this showed up. Very exited to see him on the property.

[URL='http://s231.photobucket.com/user/mcumberland_photos/media/A2BDA7DD-9643-452F-84E8-E37729A2CFE9_zpssi3phsfm.jpg.html']
[/URL]

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet, it is not the size but the draw, what you plant and feed as well as water. The best of luck to you.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, very nice

congratulations