Large Boar taken out on the after review hunt.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I seem to recall him claiming to have taken pity upon you. :D

The big question is, where are those next three primers?

Yes he was definitely playing nice trying to stay on the list LOL! I think that batch is all used up now time for the factory SST's!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do want to hear your report on the factory 120SST since I am betting you load hotter, be sure to verify your POI

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Try them out and see how they shoot, would be good to chrono yours vs theirs

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to buy a chrono. But I think a Canon 70D is first on the list to help with the videos. I have a pretty good selection of canon lenses and the auto focus works on those in HD video mode.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
LOL it seems prety clear to me its 3-2-1-fire not 3-2-1-0-fire If you fire on one you do not hear the one :D. I knew the second I squeezed not jerked :p the trigger that it was a misfire, and was immediately going for the charging handle. Man tough crowd in here tonight! ;)

lol, that's one heck of a 'squeeze'.....

video starts with telling Aaron to countdown... and man I think zero must be 1/10th of a second after 1 :D

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
And there is a story behind me giving Todd a hard time about jerking the trigger. First, we all do it, but especially when you have a stock AR trigger, because they suck.

I had sent Todd the parts and instructions to improve his trigger, which would remove the creep and help a lot with overall feel. You can even install JP Springs to make it feel even better.

But.... He never installed the part and tuned it, so I give him a hard time about it lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol since I use these Lowers for work also I do not mess with the triggers!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Your don't use that lower on your 6.8 for work, don't make me give you more crap lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We need to take up a donation to get TLM a good lower w a nice trigger!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yes I do lol I switch them back and forth.

How do you qualify that way? Our PD and SO document the serial numbers and what upper it is attached to. Only one can be a duty weapon, that eliminates possible lawsuits.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would imagine TLM is matched up with each upper for Dept approval, after 22 years there I am betting he has some leeway?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At work I put the 5.56 upper on. While hunting I use the Bison Armory 6.8 your over thinking things!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would the Bison side charger have helped you clear the weapon and get back on target?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I Do not know Frank a ambi charging handle would have since I'm a lefty. Also since I use the brass catcher It may have slowed me down.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have always thought about one but the retraining and switching back and forth may not be the best thing to do. They have the left, right and a combo, I guess, just curious.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to buy a chrono. But I think a Canon 70D is first on the list to help with the videos. I have a pretty good selection of canon lenses and the auto focus works on those in HD video mode.
How about a video on making video?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
canon rebel4 here