Large Boar taken out on the after review hunt.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We had just left a hog roll barrel when this guy came out. He had already spotted us and alerted so there was no time for shooting sticks so the video is a little bumpy. I also found hopefully one of the last primers I contaminated.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice recovery after the malfunction. How did you manage to contaminate the primers? I have handled them with bare hands for years and never had a mis-fire.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got oil on them that's the only thing I can figure because out of 1000 previous primers in the same box no problems it has just been this batch.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
did I miss the distance? your partner shooting a .556?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He was about 65-75 yards and I think he was shooting a 6.8 it was suppressed.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got oil on them that's the only thing I can figure because out of 1000 previous primers in the same box no problems it has just been this batch.

Yea.... oil will do it. Hope you find the other 3 at a less critical time, but still a good recovery. I need to practice malfunction drills like that more often.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
shoot on one

never seems to work as well on zero

or do whatever you want, its all good

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
shoot on one

never seems to work as well on zero

or do whatever you want, its all good
LOL zero or fire has been pretty good there have benn lots of times two or three hogs drop at the same time. On this one delta never fired and I had a bad primer. Delta should have smoked him!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to see ya'll are having fun!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
You do the countdown and fire on zero.... Lol , seems you fired on 1 and you jerked the trigger so hard I lost sight of the video lol, good makeup though

What happened to others shooting?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You do the countdown and fire on zero.... Lol , seems you fired on 1 and you jerked the trigger so hard I lost sight of the video lol, good makeup though

What happened to others shooting?

LOL it seems prety clear to me its 3-2-1-fire not 3-2-1-0-fire If you fire on one you do not hear the one :D. I knew the second I squeezed not jerked :p the trigger that it was a misfire, and was immediately going for the charging handle. Man tough crowd in here tonight! ;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The lack of shooting sticks makes clearing pretty tough to then get back on target.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
you said zero, not .8.....lol, I never jerk the trigger lol, well at least you don't have any video of me doing it, fact is in most fast shooting situations there are hard pulls, one because you need to get the shot off at a precise time, second because we control recoil somewhat by holding on to the gun for a split second, but can tell you are a lefty, hard trigger pulls fighting recoil gun will go low and right, low and left for a right handed shooter....told you that you should install that trigger mod I gave you, will make a big difference

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Although, darn good shooting as always TLM, especially for offhand.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave when we hunt I'm going to wait for you to shoot first every time! I might nudge you every time also but I'll wait lol!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
3,2,1---YANK! LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting w others, always has its issues unless it is the same person all the time.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here pretty soon I will have enough for a good bloopers video!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey those can be as informative as anything!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Dave when we hunt I'm going to wait for you to shoot first every time! I might nudge you every time also but I'll wait lol!

I'm going to put in one of those Surfire 60 round mags lol, I'll be shooting as fast as I can so you can't claim you shot anything ha