Knee Deep in Pork

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Added 20' of panel to my portable corral trap yesterday to expand it. Caught 10 piglets, there were as many not caught that I have been watching on game cameras. Still the sows will not go in trap. I trade these for a bag of corn per piglet, no pets this time, I don't think anyways. I was able to get my little Ranger in to the trap through the brush and throw them directly in the truck cage I built w/o having to tie them up and carry them. Worked out great. 10 piglets 004.JPG 10 piglets 005.JPG m22 024.JPG May post video later.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool Dan, you done caught some pigs and a bunch of them!!!!:) Nice going!!!! BANG BANG!!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! we had a guy here selling that size for $15 each. At least a way to control the population and recoup some of your costs.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... that's one way to get 250lbs. of pork in one outing. Duct tape 'em all together and wrap a tape around 'em for proof. LOL

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How do you go about pulling them out of the trap to get them into the cage on the truck? Rope them each like your last video, or do you climb in there with them and start tossing them like footballs?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
GREAT ONE!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How do you go about pulling them out of the trap to get them into the cage on the truck? Rope them each like your last video, or do you climb in there with them and start tossing them like footballs?
I just backed up close enough, climbed in the pen and reached over and opened up back door on cage, one at a time. Didn't lose any, pretty amazing really but they were behaving themselves for some reason. The problem was when I got home getting them out of the truck. I cut a hole in the top of the truck cage and roped them one by one and tossed them in my holding cage.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Dan, some there were Chopper size!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Dan, some there were Chopper size!
I've got guys that want them for the pit. Not for me...too small. Veal.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah they need to be fed out for the pit, way too small

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well done easy peasy

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The way they bounce around Inside the pen (running into the sides/corners), kind of reminds me of flying these mini-drones the first few times. Love that wrist action as you flip 'em into the truck's cage. Need you a leather armpit guard... save the hide and the T's. A feller could also have a pair of step ladders, one inside, one outside. Bungee 'em together through the panel and easier on the panel climbing in/out (for your less nimble customers). Armed with about a 1/4 sheet of plywood with a handle cut into the middle and you can herd the little buggers into the corners (handy for if you get 'em just a little larger than those).

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I figured for sure that last one was going to make you chase it ALL over...
Dan be nimble...
Dan be quick...
Dan grab hold of 'dem piglets quick.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thats an easy way to get some corn

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan be nimble...
Dan be quick...
Dan grab hold of 'dem piglets quick.
Dan move slow because at 6:30 am it was already hot and humid. I was in slow mo! And yes I need long sleeves or somethin', right arm is tore up, where the horizontal meets the vertical on the panels is sharp!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And they are all gone already except holding one for a friend.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan move slow because at 6:30 am it was already hot and humid. I was in slow mo! And yes I need long sleeves or somethin', right arm is tore up, where the horizontal meets the vertical on the panels is sharp!
Shall we tell Dan about political advertisement signs made from corrugated plastic... and tie wraps? Fold 'em over the top of the hog panel and secure 'em in place. Nice and slick, waterproof, and easy on the hide and T's. And, a feller can use a Sharpie to add comment to a political ad... like "Hillary", and add in... "Was Here", or, "Gave Birth Here", or, "Was Raised Here"...

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shall we tell Dan about political advertisement signs made from corrugated plastic... and tie wraps? Fold 'em over the top of the hog panel and secure 'em in place. Nice and slick, waterproof, and easy on the hide and T's. And, a feller can use a Sharpie to add comment to a political ad... like "Hillary", and add in... "Was Here", or, "Gave Birth Here", or, "Was Raised Here"...

Isn't that insulting the hogs