Killed my second largest hog ever last night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got to get out and do a little hunting at the in-laws last night. It was a pretty exciting hunt for me. Earlier in the day while scouting a new property I had found a well used hog trail.

So at sundown I headed to set up on the trail and catch the hogs in the open. I was about 5 minutes too late. When I arrived a sounder of about 20 had just crossed the open field and were headed into the thick woods. I kew the trail came out into another open pasture farther down so I headed off to intercept them there. Again it was to late and they were at the other end of the pasture.

After following them for about an hour I could never get closer than 100 yards. The alpha sow would never stop more than a few minutes even at the pig pipes. She also always stayed at the edge of pastures never getting more than a few yards from cover. Finally we had made a big circle and were back in the pasture with the pig pipe and where I had parked my truck. She was making her way to the pip when she alerted turned and stopped one last time to look back.

It was over a hundred yard shot but I figured she was about to bolt. She went down DRT and I killed the lookout or sentry hog also so the rest of the sounder should be easy pickings now. She measured 51" heart girth for 310 pounds my second largest hog ever and only the third over 300 pounds. She had also been shot in the neck before another zombie hog dead.

Here is the old gunshot wound top of her neck.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice !!! And, well done there TLM ! Congrats on a great kill. Is the freezer busting open at the seams now?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice TLM! I'm glad to see you got a chance to be out in the field. Congrats on a HUGE hog!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well you had an adventure tracking them, nice hog, really nice.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Imagine the size of the boar that she may have mated with. Surely there is a big boy running around out there.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Imagine the size of the boar that she may have mated with. Surely there is a big boy running around out there.
Probably some little "Cha-hua-hua" type boar with some Maxpedition Tactical Stilts. LOL

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Good shootin !

When they look like they are ready to bolt the long shots are necessary.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Wow, she looks like you could land a 747 on that snout.
That is huge!!!
What caliber is the gun?
6.8, .308, in this case 50 cal?
Very nice!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rifle is a 6.8

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice hog. Good job bringing down the zombie

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job! Do you use silver SST's to make sure it kill those zombie hogs?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job! Do you use silver SST's to make sure it kill those zombie hogs?

No I save the silver for the werewolf hogs zombie hogs just require their brains to be scrambled!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Somewhere, I think I still have some old Silvertip Hollowpoints for the .380 pistol. We're talking mid-80s stock now. LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a box of silvertip hollow points for a 454 casull I used to have. They just look cool