Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
coming right along! dripping honey yet?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looking good there. How long before your setting up your stand to sell it on the side of the road?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good deal, I know having bees isn't an easy thing as I know sometime that went through the learning curve

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you set up another 10 hives or is this just for your personal use?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would be great. Our lease sits on timber company land and we have 500 hives over 3 locations they move around on them and the bee keeper does many leases. Flat bed truck, forklift, tractor...not sure if or what he pays for access. His only real hazard are bears

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would be great. Our lease sits on timber company land and we have 500 hives over 3 locations they move around on them and the bee keeper does many leases. Flat bed truck, forklift, tractor...not sure if or what he pays for access. His only real hazard are bears
Fire ants are a bitch on hives also. It can be very expensive to start a bee business, 500 hives is about $10,000.00. You don't need bears ripping them apart. Up here skunks and teenagers are a problem, skunks eat bees and we all know what teenagers do.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You would think it would be pretty easy to spot which kids were messing with hives. The swelling usuall gives it away

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How is the hive doing? Just checking on my honey!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet that tastes good!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Will try that on the next hog I shoot...lol

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look wonderful. It's always great to be able to get your own honey like that. Good job