jaws

D

djones

haven’t hunted this place in a while, and it looks like some of them had a chance to grow up. not much to the standing shots, although the wind made it a little tricky for head shots. this first hog has some of the biggest cutters I’ve seen.
teeth2_zps6xmrkhcs.jpg

teeth1_zpsfj3a1sfi.jpg

yea those are cows in the background, but I was confident the tall wheat would grab anything coming out the other side. plus that’s a half mile circle behind them so the cows are a good ¾ mile away across the tunrow in the next field.

whenever I venture out a little farther than usual it’s not uncommon to get into lighter colored pigs rather than the solid black ones in the old hunting spots.

spot_zps1lotxrkv.jpg

got into the herd a little later. I had to maneuver a little to avoid the pivot behind them. after the first shot they didn’t know which way to run. therefore I didn’t know which way to shoot. after a few seconds the crosshairs caught up to them and several paid the price for their confusion.

runners_zpsdecc8fiq.jpg

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man, that thing had some huge cutters. Nice shooting. You sure are in a target rich area out there.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going. That is a nasty set of fangs fo sure. Dandy hogs. BANG BANG!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good shooting there! I wonder if there are more lighter color hogs in your area or W. Tex since they blend in better with the environment.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shootin' ... you do your share of eradication, that's for sure!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job, great cutters on that one

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amazing cutters must have a dentist to keep those boys clean.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great audio! Did you take the video during a tornado?

Seriously, loved the forward roll at the 21 second mark!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On yer game for that outing. Good shooting there. Nice cutters, indeed !!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting and awesome boar. I loved the hot splatter on that one shot in the herd!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a trophy set of cutters for sure. Way to go. One advantage to West TX is you don't have to worry about a still night with no wind to keep you from getting busted.

D

djones

he does look like he just had his teeth cleaned... cause he did :D. i wiped them off with a rag for the pic. they were so big i wanted them to sparkle!!

some wind is nice, but past 25-30 is a bit much.

i didn't notice the splatter until i replayed it. it's pretty cool. not sure, but i think i was expecting to hit the second pig, lol. i'm still learning, but i think there's something different between seeing a doubled image in the thermal display vs 4x in the nv scope that i haven't quite figured out yet.