It's rained almost everyday since I got my thermal.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm getting cabin fever. We are having a record year for rainfall. We normally have around 30" for the year, so far this year we are almost 24" over. Average for August is 4.74" and we will pass 15" today. Just normal rainfall for the rest of the year and we will have the 2nd wettest year in recorded history. To make matter worse, our normal rain pattern is rain in the mid afternoon. This month it's been starting around 5PM and raining till 10 or 11PM. It's rained everyday, except for 4 at TIA, and I think more than that here at my house. It's now raining for the second time today. I know hunt later, but this old fat boy has a problem with migraines, over 100 in the last 4 months, and lack of sleep can be a trigger. Having a sleep study test tonight so maybe that will find a root cause for the headaches.

Sorry rant over, we could be in the middle of a drought and suffering forest fires. Thank you Lord.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, but I'm not. Self-employed and I have an employee that depends on my showing up for work also. I don't push it like I would have 10 years ago, and working for someone else, and salaried.

Drift

LSB Member
Scopes can be waterproof. But when your hunting ground is 4-8 inches underwater the game gets scarce. And when you get to your tree stand at 4 in the afternoon and its now 7 and viability has never been over 30 yards because of rain it kinda sucks. Then there is all that lightning. And wind shaking the tree stand. Oh and because of all that water on the ground the mosquito population is up by orders of magnitude. Oh and because of me sloshing around through knee deep water, a smallish gator tried to contest my right to walk on the trail.
Hot and wet is good on a date...its bad on a hunt.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Send it to me, dry here. Having to water my plants to keep 'em alive. Grass has been brown since May. LOL Probably one of our driest/hottest summers this year. Sweet today, only got to about 80*.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
yup, yup ... I was just pokin' fun ... and I agree, I've been out in rain many times ... and finally realized the critters were smarter than I was :D

==

Last few nights we've been down to the 50F zone ... and didn't hit 78F in the house today until afternoon ...

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm more worried about needing a transfusion, to get back to the truck, than a small gator. I might be able to shoot the gator. I can't hit a dove, much less a mosquito.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Send it to me, dry here. Having to water my plants to keep 'em alive. Grass has been brown since May. LOL Probably one of our driest/hottest summers this year. Sweet today, only got to about 80*.
You really think it's the scope that's making it rain? As bad as ya'll need it what you got for collateral til I can get it back?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yup, yup ... I was just pokin' fun ... and I agree, I've been out in rain many times ... and finally realized the critters were smarter than I was :D

==

Last few nights we've been down to the 50F zone ... and didn't hit 78F in the house today until afternoon ...
I saw the smiley Wig. If I send you a self addressed stamped envelope, could you send me some of that 50* temp down here. Make sure you get the envelope full though.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You really think it's the scope that's making it rain? As bad as ya'll need it what you got for collateral til I can get it back?
Hmmm... got a sweet 7.5" upper in 5.56. Got enough muzzle flash to torch a hoard of skeeters. LOL

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmm... got a sweet 7.5" upper in 5.56. Got enough muzzle flash to torch a hoard of skeeters. LOL
Ratdog, you better put that thing away til the drought is over. You'll be set half the state on fire.LOL
I know it would be fun to shoot, but I ain't got a permit for nothing like that, and can't afford bail since I bought a thermal. Besides a hoard of skeeters would only be enough, to maybe, and I mean maybe eject the empty magazine and try to load another before the rest drained you on the spot.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ratdog, you better put that thing away til the drought is over. You'll be set half the state on fire.LOL
I know it would be fun to shoot, but I ain't got a permit for nothing like that, and can't afford bail since I bought a thermal. Besides a hoard of skeeters would only be enough, to maybe, and I mean maybe eject the empty magazine and try to load another before the rest drained you on the spot.
Naw, a hoard per round. Put a 30 rd. mag in it and yer golden to/from the truck.

Pistol lower... that's the way around an SBR headache.

LOL... yer right... not shooting the flame thrower for a while.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Florida likes its rains. I ran Sears Painting in Orlando for 6 months. Paint....run to the vehicles.......paint....run to the vehicles, over and over. Some days it would rain 6 times. Crazy place.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Take it to the mall and play the "ID those panties" game. Disregard the weird looks.
Just don't shoot the trannies. They take away our toys then. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you get creative and charge people a dollar to look through it you could have your money back in a week or two.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Take it to the mall and play the "ID those panties" game. Disregard the weird looks.
Come on guys, I'm a Baptist Deacon. But, I have to admit at a dollar a pop it might be tempting.

Get thee behind me Satan.....

Drift

LSB Member
I'd pay $1 to look through a thermal at a kiosk in the mall. It seems a small price to try out the technology.
As for IDing those panties. You have got to be kidding me. Most of the people I see at the mall are 60 pounds overweight.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
60 lbs! You must not be in the south. That's model material.