It Was Her Call To Shoot...

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
SlayerBeall and I have gone after these two hogs a couple of times now. Last time, we didn't see squat. This time, one hog made an appearance. My job was spotter. Angry Bird's job was to be a rifle rest. SB was the shooter. We discussed possibilities before getting in the blind and it was agreed that she would only shoot if she was comfortable with the shot, no pressure from me. I spotted the hog coming in and shot got on the rifle...

Well, I can't argue with her with not shooting before she was ready. She didn't miss and we didn't spend hours looking for a wounded hog. She just didn't shoot, LOL. We chatted about timeliness. Next time, the plan is to shoot when the sight settles on target.

All in all, a positive learning experience for both of us despite the voice in my head at the time screaming...

Okay, it was a boar, but you get the idea.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes it works out that way.

Glad you got to spend some time in the woods with SlayerBeall.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anybody can shoot a hog....it takes a special discipline from a special person to not shoot one. Good job SlayerGirl!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... "Choot-'em !!! Choot-'em!!! CHOOT-'EM!!!!!" LOL... I'm with you B... Squeeeeeze that trigger, but do it NOW !! LOL Did'ja remind her (NO Cookies)?