IR Patrol M300W Helmet Mount

darrohn801

LSB Member
I'm literally blow away by the prices and complexity of getting this mounted to a helmet. Does anyone have this unit mounted to a helmet and can share what pieces they bought to get it setup? I'm looking for something as economical as possible as I'm not going to be running into battle with it but just scanning for coyotes, but I"m also not wanting cheap plastic to hold a $6k scope onto a helmet. Any suggestions out there?

I'm looking at this setup currently:

Wilcox Mount Adapter for IR Patrol M250/M300W

Wilcox L4 G22E Mount

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The one I used came with a helmet mount from IR Defense. But personallyI found it to big for use on a helmet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have helmet mounted a Patrol. It is easy to do. The very easiest way to do it is to purchase an Integrated Technologies dual PVS 14 bridge. It has dovetail arms for PBS 14s, but the dovetail mount included on the Patrol 250 and 300 works perfectly for the Patrol with no arm needed.

I have a photo somewhere and will post it when I get the chance. And BTW, the Wilcox set up pushed by **** absolutely sucks compared to the Integrated Technologies option - and this applies to both dual PVS 14s and the Patrol. I have owned both, and take my word on it, the **** pushed option is more expensive but sucks.

I disagree with TLM. Many wear duals or goggles rather than a single PVS 14, including me. A Patrol is a fraction of the weight of most dual or google set ups. And, with the Integrated Technologies set up the Patrol works well.

JPK

darrohn801

LSB Member
I have helmet mounted a Patrol. It is easy to do. The very easiest way to do it is to purchase an Integrated Technologies dual PVS 14 bridge. It has dovetail arms for PBS 14s, but the dovetail mount included on the Patrol 250 and 300 works perfectly for the Patrol with no arm needed.

I have a photo somewhere and will post it when I get the chance. And BTW, the Wilcox set up pushed by **** absolutely sucks compared to the Integrated Technologies option - and this applies to both dual PVS 14s and the Patrol. I have owned both, and take my word on it, the **** pushed option is more expensive but sucks.

I disagree with TLM. Many wear duals or goggles rather than a single PVS 14, including me. A Patrol is a fraction of the weight of most dual or google set ups. And, with the Integrated Technologies set up the Patrol works well.

JPK

Which mount do you use with this?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that the $375 or $574 mount I am seeing, wow they sure think alot of them!

JPK

LSB Active Member
Which mount do you use with this?

As I wrote, the Integrated Technologies dual PVS 14 bridge. It is all you need. The dovetail on the Patrol fits the dovetail receiver on the IT bridge and you are good to go. (And if you have a PVS 14 you can mount that on the other side. The optics swing to the side so you can clear one to use a weapon mounted scope very quickly.)

Frank, if you think the IT dual bridge mount is expensive, look at the more complicated and less functional Wilcox alternative. Last I priced that white elephant it was almost 2x the price. As I wrote, I owned both, but I sold the Wilcox since it was a lot more expensive and didn't work as well.

ETA: If you are asking about helmet mount, I use the IT bridge most often with a Norotos RHNO II D, which is a dovetail mount that is excellent though not too expensive, with force to overcome lift and decent adjustment. I also use a Norotos TATM, which is an even better push button to lift dovetail mount. But more expensive. The RHNO II D is on my helmet, the TATM is on a Crye Nightcap.

JPK

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am so confused...lol mine works fine though even though I got nothing to put on it now. I have $125 in the helmet and mount

JPK

LSB Active Member
Frank,

If you are willing to live with the former USGI RHNO bayonet/horn mount's negatives they will get the job done. But ever notice the bungee cords from helmet to mount that guys use when they are using them? It is because of the built in slop. A dovetail mount eliminates the slop. With a single PVS 14 the slop can be dealt with via the bungee, but with goggles or dual mounts it is tougher because of the extra weight. And then you get to set ups that require dovetail mounts, like most goggles, most dual bridges and the Patrol....

On knock off helmets, if they are comfortable and allow mounting a decent shroud that won't drop the mount and NVDs, then great.

JPK

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the education, really...I admit I am cheap...I think it works good but don't wear it as long as you guys and don't notice the "slop"or burden it with as much weight and certainly not 2 devices.