IR Hunter problem?

Rookie

LSB Member
Supposedly, the IR Hunter works to -41 degrees. Today, it was +25 degrees. I tried to NUC and it wouldn't give me a clear picture until I got back in the Jeep and warmed it up. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Supposedly, the IR Hunter works to -41 degrees. Today, it was +25 degrees. I tried to NUC and it wouldn't give me a clear picture until I got back in the Jeep and warmed it up. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
Was the unit on for any amount of time? or did you turn it on without giving it time to acclimate? Had mine on in the cold today in the backyard and it worked fine. BANG BANG!!

Rookie

LSB Member
It was on for about fifteen minutes while I checked zero. The picture was getting fuzzy so I tried to NUC it. When I did, all I got was snow until I heated it back up

KJQ6945

LSB Member
Rookie, maybe we need to go yote hunting this weekend and test it. Wife said I can go once they take the stitches out, and they come out in the morning.

Rookie

LSB Member
Finally got a hold of someone at Trijicon. They said it might be the batteries. I'm using Surefire and they recommend Energizer or Duracell. I'll change batteries and see if that helps.