IR Hunter MKIII 60mm and REAP-IR - Through the Eyepiece Footage

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This video is a compilation of footage from several hunts with the IR Defense IR Hunter MKIII 60mm and the REAP-IR. We recorded most of the footage using iPhones attached directly to the eyepiece of the scope. It's definitely not an ideal setup for hunting, but we wanted to give people a better idea of what to expect from these scopes, since most would agree that the video output does not provide an accurate reflection of what is seen during actual use. Pardon the stupid title and thumbnail. I'm still trying to hone my clickbait skills.

darrohn801

LSB Member
This video is a compilation of footage from several hunts with the IR Defense IR Hunter MKIII 60mm and the REAP-IR. We recorded most of the footage using iPhones attached directly to the eyepiece of the scope. It's definitely not an ideal setup for hunting, but we wanted to give people a better idea of what to expect from these scopes, since most would agree that the video output does not provide an accurate reflection of what is seen during actual use. Pardon the stupid title and thumbnail. I'm still trying to hone my clickbait skills.

Hey Rich,

I just purchased a REAP IR from you guys. Do you know if you can change the quick change icons on these? If so, do you know the instructions on doing that?

darrohn801

LSB Member
Also, can you post pictures of how you had this rigged up to get video with your phone?

Last edited:

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Rich,

I just purchased a REAP IR from you guys. Do you know if you can change the quick change icons on these? If so, do you know the instructions on doing that?

Yes, you can change the menu items in quick command mode. To change a menu item, while pushing the thumbstick in the direction of the menu item you want to change, click the button to toggle through the different options.

darrohn801

LSB Member
Yes, you can change the menu items in quick command mode. To change a menu item, while pushing the thumbstick in the direction of the menu item you want to change, click the button to toggle through the different options.

Awesome, I tried that on my IR Patrol and got it to toggle. Any idea what the "ETR" icon does? Also, it will toggle through some "presets" but I don't see where I set those?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. Thanks for making this video

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice/clear footage on those shots!

rich20730

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Also, can you post pictures of how you had this rigged up to get video with your phone?

32372465080_133456a60a_z.jpg

We're using the old Mod Armory/Night Optics PVS-14 iphone adapter. I butchered one with a dremel and epoxied it to a case for my iPhone 6s. Tyler bought a couple iPhone SE's that shoot 4K video and will fit in the adapter without modification.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very well done guys, loved the video

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Must admit that footage of the yoteeees are the best I have seen. ALL the others make their face look rounded and not much detail. With that I could really tell they were the howling dogs!!!!! BANG BANG!!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
32372465080_133456a60a_z.jpg

We're using the old Mod Armory/Night Optics PVS-14 iphone adapter. I butchered one with a dremel and epoxied it to a case for my iPhone 6s. Tyler bought a couple iPhone SE's that shoot 4K video and will fit in the adapter without modification.

That's the way to do it :)