if you like something, keep a spare

D

djones

really thought this one was a slam dunk but hit a little farther back than i thought. i think my scope may be going out again. never could quite get it focused and knob turns a lot more now than when i got it back from repair.

didn’t recover any from the second vid. pigs had a ghost image in the scope. not sure if the cross hairs hold when this happens. looks like i hit this one too far back also.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

i bumped a big herd at the next spot but cut these little guys off when they got left behind. they sought shelter in a weedy lake bottom and should have stayed there. these rows were listed and the bodies were scattered to the four winds, so i didn’t bother with pics.

now i’m sure the scope is going out. after first shot, focus went out even more. no telling what the crosshairs are doing. still managed to get several boars, probably because they were so big.

IMG_1657_zpsltzfhmaj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

i was out of ammo for the 6.8 anyway, so the next night i put the reap on the blkout pistol. yea i know, but i was desperate. i got on some new hogs that didn’t know the deal. i drove unbelievably close somewhat hidden by a terrace. i didn’t even get out the sticks. not the best shooting, but the blkout pistol was light enough to lock down some freehand hogs. when i drove out for the cleanup, one more came in. he must have seen everyone taking it easy and joined in for a permanent siesta.

looks like a pixel is out just above the crosshair. maybe i am a jinx with equipment

IMG_1662_zps1hvhndza.jpg

IMG_1658_zpsxmfiw8in.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you have it! Another adventure of epic proportions.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Dr. Jones! One of those was a looong shot!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The squeal of dieing pigs... what's not to love?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At least u still got a good handful of pigs down. Good job on that. Frustrating with the equipment situation though. R u still running the 95 TTSX from the 16" 6.8? Also what ammo r u running in the 300 blk

LSB Active Member
Dude excellent offhand shot at 45 seconds in one of those vids!. Dont' care how many you took you nutted that beast from a good ways.

dman62

LSB Member
Maybe the .308 has too mutch recoil for the scope? The video sure goes wonky after every shot, but maybe that's just the video cable. I'm pretty impressed with the blackout pistol. Put them down better than most of the hogs I've seen shot with that round in rifles.

D

djones

Hi Kim accountant of conditions!
have you been drinking again? if not, maybe you should!!

R u still running the 95 TTSX from the 16" 6.8? Also what ammo r u running in the 300 blk
i had a 50 or 60 of the 95ttsx and 110 tsx left when i got 500 more 120gr ssts. was getting low on the ssts so stuffed the others in the bottom of a few mags. by the end of the hunt i was down to all 95s. they might not have hit exactly where i was zeroed but i figureds were close enough for runners.

the blkout ran 110gr varmegeddons (nosler bullet??). two jams in about 50 shots. 125gr noslers will be next up cause i already have them. then i'll prolly get some 110gr ttsx.

Dude excellent offhand shot at 45 seconds in one of those vids!. Dont' care how many you took you nutted that beast from a good ways.
stock trigger in that thing. that's going to change very soon.

i'm with you. i've never understood the whole shot/kill ratio some folks make a big deal about, at least for hogs. if they knew in advance it was going to take a full mag to bring a hog down, sounds like they wouldn't ever fire the first shot.

Nice shooting with that pistol DJ.
i think the laws may have changed, but just in case... i never shouldered that weapon. only touched it to my cheek!!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fantastic vids DJ, you had some zig zaggers there to deal with. Great shooting on that group of boars and I loved the long shot with the .300

LSB Active Member
i'm with you. i've never understood the whole shot/kill ratio some folks make a big deal about, at least for hogs. if they knew in advance it was going to take a full mag to bring a hog down, sounds like they wouldn't ever fire the first shot.

i couldn't care less about the ratio on hogs just the aggregate poundage at the end of the night. i get the whole ratio thing too if that's the goal of a hunter.....not at all for me it's purely about making my deer hunting better with every hog that gets smoked.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
indeed an outstanding outing for someone with your limited abilities! i'm calling BS on the freehanded claim however... i would have killed twice that many with a penlight and tennis racket though, or just turned Gus loose and sat on the tailgate with a jug of Tennessee mash and listened to him eat the entire bunch!