I gotta brag on my son

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My son graduated a semester early from high school and enlisted in the Marine Corps. I dropped him off at the recruiting office on 1/11/14.

Last Thursday, I traveled to the United States Marine Corps Recruiting Depot at Parris Island, South Carolina for his Family Day and Graduation Day ceremonies.

He graduated as a PFC and qualified as an Expert Marksman. He is on leave until 4/19/2016 when he reports for Marine Combat Training.

DSC03492.JPG

Attachments

• DSC03492.JPG
    DSC03492.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats a job well done! A fine looking Marine right there!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chesty Puller would have been proud. Congratulations on a fine looking Marine!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck Ya. Nice going young man. Be safe and thank you for being in the armed forces! And a GOOD ON THE BOTH OF YOU!!! BANG BANG!!!

D

djones

handsome AND he can shoot??? mite wanna get a dna test. who knows... the wifey may have been thru west tx 20 years ago :p

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats!! Fine young man standing tall there. Thank him for us all.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
handsome AND he can shoot??? mite wanna get a dna test. who knows... the wifey may have been thru west tx 20 years ago :p

She might have. She is on husband # 3 and had kid # 5.

For the "and can shoot" portion of your statement - there is a video on here called "Painful to watch". Have you seen it?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations to your son. Let's hope the world hot spots stay cool for a while. It's painful to see how young our soldiers really are. I didn't feel that young then, but it sure shows now.

D

djones

She might have. She is on husband # 3 and had kid # 5.

For the "and can shoot" portion of your statement - there is a video on here called "Painful to watch". Have you seen it?
bwaaaahahahaha
rollmao_zpsaw6ivql8.gif

touché

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats to the both of you. I'm thankful everyday for all of our Armed service members. Especially the Marines who are out there doing the dirty work.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My son qualified Expert for the 2nd year in a row. He goes to marksmanship instructor school in April and could end up either at Parris Island or San Diego teaching Marine Corps recruits how to shoot. Not bad for an 18 year old!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Scram, you have a sharp Marine son there. We greatly appreciate his service to our country. Congratulations.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations!

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
That is awesome. You must be one proud Dad. Keep us posted on his adventures.