I Got Him!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the elusive boar is elusive no more. He would not go in the trap so I went early and set up a ladder stand, one of those scissors style stands. I was trying to get to the stand by 7 pm at the latest but a customer came of course and I didn't get to the stand until 7: 30. I grabbed my gun, sprayed down quick, turned on the GoPro and snuck into the stand. I was getting situated when I saw something, looking up it was Him! I was in the stand maybe 1-2 minutes max. I for got to turn on the record butoon, kind of because he came out and stopped and looked my way at only 15-20 yds away. I reacted, put the scope on his shoulder and squeezed. DRT. Shot entered the right shoulder and exited behind the last rib on the far side somehow. I took the backstraps and left shoulder and some meat from the rear. He was about 150-160 lbs. I cut off the right shoulder and the damage was extensive. I have yet to have a hog walk away from those 64 gr Winchester hog loads in 223 and 90% of my shots are shoulder shots. Have a short video when I get it uploaded. march 12 PHONE 234.jpg march 12 PHONE 239.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You the man Dan!! Nice going, glad you got him. Very nice. Love it when a plan comes together!!") BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You the man Dan!! Nice going, glad you got him. Very nice. Love it when a plan comes together!!") BANG BANG!!
Thanks, I posted a quick video under the video place. I was a little concerned this guy would change routines before I got a chance at him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you got him! good job!! That was a quick hunt, wish they all were like that! Congrats

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work ! Congrats.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good work! A daytime hog!

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
well done!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! You gotta love it when a plan comes together, even if it's rushed.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quick and to the point great hunting

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog, good job

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A nice hog is a dead hog huh? But I tell you, if they were all gone it would be a sad day for us all!!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think they will ever all be gone