I am finally back in the game, well kinda..

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After 83 straight days without even seeing a hog I have managed to score.

I managed a ranch for an older gentleman just northwest of Montgomery about 2 years ago. I have remained close friends with him and help him out when he needs it and in turn he allows me to hunt and fish on his property still. I left my hog trap there for him to use when I left since I was so successful with it while I was working there.

Well after several months of little activity he called me yesterday and told me that I had about a 150lb boar in my trap over at his place. My wife and I hooked up to the hog trailer and went to excavate him from the trap around 6:30p.m. Upon arrival he was already deceased from stress, so although I didn't kill him he was dead in "MY" trap which still technically counts as a W for me right? Lol. I was actually looking forward to the rush of going in and pulling him out alive, but you win and some you lose some. None-the-less, it was nice to get out on a hunt of sorts and it was definitely nice to get to see the place again, lot's of fun times and memories from working there. It was a win all the way around in my book!

Not the greatest picture because he looks really small, but the trap is 4ft wide and the bar by his back feet is 4ft from the gate where his nose is. Just to offer a little size reference.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
dead hog is all that counts! good job

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maa Babby dint do nuttin!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you did feed the birds, right?

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM, that was the only way I could get a decent picture. You cant tell but I'm straining to hold him there. Rigor mortis had him locked up pretty good.

Oh yeah, the birds and the yotes will eat good. I wasn't about to have any part of him. Stressed meat plus a stinky boar to boot...yuck! They can have him.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dead hog is a dead hog score one for you