Hunting Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I doubt I will ever video, just too much to deal with so will live through your videos!
I fully intend to video... it'll go sumpin' like this... "Alex? You get that??" LOL

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Unless you're using a monolithic upper... having your scope on your fore end rail doesn't help your POI consistency (in relation to your POA). I understand "why" the move off the receiver rail... just adding to your thoughts for dialing in the change of lay-out.

It's not a POI issue it's about getting a solid cheek weld. I had to hold my head so far back down on the butt stock I was completely off balance holding and shooting the rifle.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have had Eotech's mounted on the handguard for two years now and they always maintain POA and POI. However, these are not long range rifles. Most shots are under 100 yds and an occasional shot at 200 just to see what the gun does.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not a POI issue it's about getting a solid cheek weld. I had to hold my head so far back down on the butt stock I was completely off balance holding and shooting the rifle.

Understood... just tossing it out there for recall IF you ended up with a POI variance.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had Eotech's mounted on the handguard for two years now and they always maintain POA and POI. However, these are not long range rifles. Most shots are under 100 yds and an occasional shot at 200 just to see what the gun does.
Yeah, pretty much a non-issue for shorter range shooting.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most of you have seen this but moving it to the appropriate thread.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

It was a good night to hunt. This is my first Two-fer and the 3rd and 4th hogs taken with the new 6.5 Grendel. I was also using a new Pulsar N750 Digisight and T20 illuminator.

The shot entered at the base of the ear on the boar, blew out his opposite eye and side of head, then entered the sow at the shoulder where it penetrated the shoulder blade, spine, and what was left of the bullet (the base) was found on the inside of the opposite shoulder blade. The bullet had apparently disintegrated along the way. The entry wound on the sow looked like what I would expect from an exit wound from this little caliber.

The more I shoot the Grendel, the more I like it.

Angry Bird opted not to stalk with me and so was not in on the photos. However, Angry Bird did pay for the cookies.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job! I sure bet that thermal worked good tonight!

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Brian, that had to be a really a great surprise to walk up and see two dead pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.