Hunting after the storms.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I liked that one, that little 17WSM is a killer! Tell Clay to shutup and stop interrupting you!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big hog straight down with the 17 WSM - amazing and another successful challenge.
Good vid - enjoyed it.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
The more vids you do that style the more natural they seem. I like the new style and they keep getting better.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That .17 WSM is a killin' little pill with proper shot placement. Nice boar with it! Tore up that bunny too.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video! Lol I thought your first shot was at a pig ... then you guys walked up on the rabbit. Happy hunting!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like that 17wsm , thought about one for my wife....then I saw the 2k sticker, guess I will stick to the bolt gun. The Savage 17wsm we have is very accurate but a really poorly designed gun.

D

djones

I like that 17wsm , thought about one for my wife....then I saw the 2k sticker, guess I will stick to the bolt gun. The Savage 17wsm we have is very accurate but a really poorly designed gun.
:( wth is wrong with it??

look guys. lahboy was wanting honest reviews of these vids. you're not helping by pretending to like them. he wasn't even shooting real wild pigs! i guess i'm not helping either by loaning him my friends pets to use in these vids.

images051_zpsjseywfbi.jpg

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
:( wth is wrong with it??
The plastic stock is so flimsy it's almost impossible to be accurate. I filled mine in with epoxy and that helped. Really need a new Boyd's stock right from the start. Also...a BIG one, if you put the safety on before you pull the bolt back to jack a round in the chamber...it will not fire. Example....you shoot, put safety on and lay it down to do something and then pick it up and jack a round in it it will not fire. You have to put a new round in it , then put the safety on! Crazy and unbelievably stupid design, I have never seen a gun with a worse designed anything. AND...the bolt is difficult to push forward and lock down, need to do it in a fast smooth action or it hangs up especially for a woman or child w/o strong movement. BUT...it is accurate. :D

D

djones

Also...a BIG one, if you put the safety on before you pull the bolt back to jack a round in the chamber...it will not fire. Example....you shoot, put safety on and lay it down to do something and then pick it up and jack a round in it it will not fire. You have to put a new round in it , then put the safety on!
well you may be on to something. the safety seemed... peculiar... so i didn't use it, lol

AND...the bolt is difficult to push forward and lock down
no problemo. fortunately i'm tuff as nails.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well you may be on to something. the safety seemed... peculiar... so i didn't use it, lol

no problemo. fortunately i'm tuff as nails.
You have one?

D

djones

well... i lied... a little, but what else is new. a friend loaned it to me. he has several 17s with various last names. i'm not familiar enuf to know which is which... rimfire vs center fire, etc. one is a volquartson and another is anschutz... i think. not sure what else is in the stable but there could be others. he wants to hunt turkeys on saturday from about 200 yards and i don't have a rifle that will leave them in one piece. i took it out to check the zero and the drop. it was very accurate and i liked it, except for the trigger. really fun gun to shoot!!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm finding the videos somewhat interesting, but too long for my taste. I find myself clicking ahead to find the action.

CLICK: Hmm, still talking.
CLICK: Still talking.
CLICK: OK, they're in the vehicle, but still talking.
CLICK: They're driving around, but still talking.
CLICK: Oooh, they're onto some hogs - back up!
CLICK: oh yeah, here's some good action! I want to watch this.
… Okay, action is over and the post-hunt discussion is on. I'll watch a little.
CLICK: Are there any more hogs to be shot?

But, I'm notorious for having a short attention span.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm finding the videos somewhat interesting, but too long for my taste. I find myself clicking ahead to find the action.

CLICK: Hmm, still taking.
CLICK: Still talking.
CLICK: OK, they're in the vehicle, but still taking.
CLICK: They're driving around, but still talking.
CLICK: Oooh, they're onto some hogs - back up!
CLICK: oh yeah, here's some good action! I want to watch this.
… Okay, action is over and the post-hunt discussion is on. I'll watch a little.
CLICK: Are there any more hogs to be shot?

But, I'm notorious for having a short attention span.

I am the same way I would never watch this in a million years, but I'm told people love seeing this time will tell.

D

djones

i can see the appeal. when i was first researching thermal i found one of your vids (maybe a pic, i don't remember) with a dozen or so units on a table. pretty good write up too. i studied every word you said (or wrote??). now i can barely remember who you are!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't mean the videos are uninteresting, I enjoy hearing about what new bullet or rifle or thermal scope you're trying out. I just don't always have 20 minutes to apply to one thing. As I said above, I have a somewhat short attention span. I mean, if something is really interesting I'll certainly

Oooh, I see something shiny over there …

Last edited: