hunter's super moon

D

djones

weekend of the hunter's super moon and OinK was in full predator mode. steady 15mph winds would easily cover vehicle noise, so we should be able to approach anything we saw. the hogs certainly cooperated. first, the easy pickings. this corn bandit was running amok through the field. we quickly abandoned a foot stalk when we realized we could just position the truck in his path. since Oink was shooting the jammer he went first in case that would be his only shot. he connected, but i get credit for an assist in anchoring him.
101516a_zpsdnq7wbwp.jpg

next we spotted a pregnant sow across the field. no doubt she was one of the reasons this field it had to be re-sowed, so we exacted our own brand of justice. again, 1Kay took the lead with a hit, but she took off. once i get into the zone my eyeballs roll back making it hard to see crosshairs that already don’t meet in the middle, and when they do it’s a color i can barely see. one of these days i’m going to have to read the manual on this scope. i moved from the opening of the door to the window and added some lead to her belly.
101516b_zpsgfd23wbr.jpg

next stop had a decent sized herd. 1k was supposed to take out the far right hog. i was going to take out the second. plan was to use the tlm method to drive them back to the left. well it worked, sorta. feel free to start calling OneK... OneJam. yep this time my old upper didn’t even make it out of the gate. interestingly, the far right hog ran to the right from the impact of the hog i shot and the others ran left as hoped. tlm should have patented that move, but it’s mine now.

they all ran out into the open but i neglected to reload my magazine after the first two hunts, and i ran out of ammo before i ran out of hogs. i dealt out the punishment as long as i could. pretty sure i hit several as some were seen lagging behind. they should be a lot slower next time.
101516c_zpsuougv99u.jpg

we’re not quite done yet. we mosied up to the next group and really wanted to circle to their left and get closer to the herd, but the risk of blowing them all out was too great. we set up on the closest ones. i guess i wasn’t paying as close attention as i should have and instead of shooting a hog facing me i ended up making a texas heart shot. as i continued the sweep i noticed OinK’s hog down and had that warm feeling cletus must get after downing a four finger jack blaster. perhaps i got too comfortable since i struggled to get back on target. then, out of nowhere, a hog runs right at us. Oink’s hog got back up and made a suicide run. i knocked Oink out of the way and stood in front to bear the full onslaught, but not without a fight. this, gentlemen, is why i need a weapon that works every time. if our defense had been left up to OinK and his experimental jam project we would look like the other grease spots out there.

i must admit i was a little put out having to deal with that emergency while there were pigs to kill, so, being human (unlike my predator friend) i may have been a little hard on the next hog when i intentionally shot him in the snout. i didn’t leave him suffering long though.
101516e_zpst3i39q8e.jpg

101516d_zps06acbifc.jpg

D

djones

would have loved to go back the next night but other friends needed a little help with trespassers wondering around aimlessly on their property. i went out solely with the intention of just having a talk with the offenders but some pigs just won’t listen to reason. well, i think he got the message now.
1016161_zps5fwat3ev.jpg

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Psycho hog, doing the crazy ivan. Don't think I would have touched this one. Good job DJ!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is there a mad pig disease? The deer in the second video tried their best to run interference for that hog. Good trigger control to not drop a deer just for getting in the way.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice outing for sure. Some good video capture of the kills. Tough critters!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! And WTF was that last hog doing? lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Doing the Abilene Waltz proved not to be his best dance routine. I wouldn't eat that one!

D

djones

... Good trigger control to not drop a deer just for getting in the way.
not really. i was aiming for the deer

... WTF was that last hog doing? lol
i think he was looking for love. he had a wet willie

OneK - i have business tmrw in your neck of the woods. what say we shanghai some more dancing girls and pull another all nighter. i'll get to work on bootlegging some more videos to convince the girlfriends we were hunting.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJ, sounds good. Bring me a couple of redheads this time.