Hunt with T-Bone Outfitters

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sorry, I'm finally getting around to posting this. I took my oldest son who never gets to go hunting on a hunt with T-Bone Outfitters a couple weeks ago and had a blast. We were met by Alex and his partner Dave at the motel and headed out for the hunt.

After a few pleasantries and getting to know each other, we stopped at the first spot to get acquainted with the equipment. Lets just call it AF weapons training. :) We rolled the windows down and started down the roads to check their favorite killing fields. Right from the start these two gracious hosts started complaining about how cold it was is TX. (They are both from WI) They took a lot of abuse from my son and I, but to be honest, they took it very well and were a lot of fun to be with.

After about three hours of driving around searching we finally spotted a sounder of about 25 at the far end of a huge wheat field. Not wanting to take a chance on spooking them, we stopped the truck and started to close the distance on foot. They were in the far corner of the field and Alex believed that they were feeding toward the tree line and would soon be out of the field. We approached down a road that paralleled the fence line and the hogs would have to cross to get away. We closed within about 75 yards and waited for the majority to get on the road so we could get a good shot. After waiting for what seemed to be an hour, we decided that they were going to stay in the field for a while so we backed out until we could cross the fence and approach on the field side where we would have a much more open shot. We got within 50 yards and set up for the shot count-down expecting that we would only get a couple shots before they dashed the short distance to the tree line. When the shooting started, the hogs cooperated and ran for the open field instead. It wasn't as pretty as TLM's shooting, but we still managed to get 4 of the largest. Thanks to T-Bone Outfitters for a great evening. They are good people and I WILL BE BACK

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lookin' like a fling-winger could use some Air Force cinematography training. LOL Enough to make a feller dizzy.

Congrats on a fine hunt, and great pile of chops there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you guys need a camera man...LOL looked fun!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We were more than happy to have you and your son on a hunt Chopperdrvr. Dave and I had a blast with you guys.

I wasn't using a tripod and the video is completely unedited. It is hard to get two hunters on hogs, setup a tripod, do the countdown, and record all at the same time. Heck, its hard enough just getting four people to 50 yards or less on a group of hogs. LOL! The video is more just for documentation.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice guys, good hunt with T-Bone Outfitters

Wisconsin, where in Wisconsin, I grew up in Marinette, Wisconsin and I hate the cold, although in hate hot weather more lol

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm actually from Missouri. Dave is from WI, but I can't remember the town.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those were some really nice hogs to get on! If I lived there I could be your volunteer camera guy so you could guide and not be worried about it! What an adventure and maybe you could get me back in shape too!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
+1 on the back in shape! I was sure the contract I signed with T-Bone said that I wouldn't have to walk more than 50 feet, but that didn't work out too well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, I want that in MY contract! 50' but will give him 100 yards, walking not running!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm in bad need of a bionic hip. I think running will be out of the question for some time for me. If I get in that much trouble, I'll just have to fight to the death.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm actually from Missouri. Dave is from WI, but I can't remember the town.
Where in MO are you from? I've lived there a couple times and one of my best friends is in Mexico.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
My sister used to live on Mexico, Mo. I grew up in wentzville and Chesterfield.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thats cool. I really is a small world. I gotta say, we really did enjoy hanging out with you guys. Ya'll have a good sense of humor. You had to, to put up with all the grief Chris and I gave you. Now I have to save all my change to bring my daughter up there for a hunt. Don't expect as good shooting though, she likes to hear the gun go bang more than taking the time to aim. :) But hey, at least she likes to shoot.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper, you can take me, I shoot straight and like to hear them go bang!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, you really need to get over here for a hunt. I'd be willing to go with you just to see you have all the fun. I know you get to hunt over there probably more than I get to go, but with the equipment Alex has, its just another level of fun.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah the number of hogs and the equipment is what I would look forward to! I can go everyday here but we don't have the hog numbers.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You are more than welcome to bring your daughter. I don't care what level of shooter someone is as long as they are safe and they are having fun. That what these hunts are all about.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice haul, I bet you want some gen 3 NV too:D

Alex you need a camara man? I will work for pigs LOL. I hear ya and you have to do all that in the darkness, plus that night was a new moon night to boot.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey Chopper! I'll take you to my place west of Houston. Just be careful when you come out of the blind. It's hard to auto rotate from 10'. LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey Chopper! I'll take you to my place west of Houston. Just be careful when you come out of the blind. It's hard to auto rotate from 10'. LOL

Be careful, that sounds a lot like an invitation and I've been known to take people up on those.