HOWDY from south texas..

THE-NITE-MUNKY

howdy, new to the lone star boars and i must say i can't wait to get more involved. i have a huge passion for hog hunting and some might call me crazy for it and it doesn't bother me at all. as PIGMAN would say, "i wanna go pig hunting everyday" and i couldn't agree with him more. I've just gotten on a lease for the first time in 33 years and I've taken three nice hogs so far. I've taken some hogs out so far with my elite impulse 34 bow,car 17 .308, and RAP 6.5 creedmoor. thats just to start the list I've got a silencerco hybrid on the way (hopefully by next hunting season, thanks ATF) and currently use elusive wildlife technologies hog lights. I'm am currently looking into a thermal scope as my passion of hog hunting has gone to that level haha but I'm researching between ATN and Armasight. (still no clue on which one would better fit my purpose) Future calibers i am wanting to use are 460 SW , 45-70, 10mm, 375 raptor just to name a few. oh and of course using the BIG RED H ammunition. i live in corpus christi texas and have a lease about an hour and a half away in duval county. any advice and wisdom is welcomed now lets give 'em hell!

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2707.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2006 2.JPG
    IMG_2006 2.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 2

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Hog Munky Junky!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome I spent some time in Corpus

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well Dad was with Sun Oil and I was with SafeGuard the Security Company. Dad is still there at Seaside and the Naval Air Station Airfield is named after him. We came there from McAllen. I miss the bird hunting we had there!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Lots of good info here and some interesting characters to put it nicely. You should be fine.. unless your the type that needs a safe space!

I think the majority here will steer u away from ATN for several reasons. Armasight (recently bought by FLIR), IR Defense (recently bought by trijicon), and Pulsar seem to fill the niche nicely depending on your needs/wants.

THE-NITE-MUNKY

Welcome! Lots of good info here and some interesting characters to put it nicely. You should be fine.. unless your the type that needs a safe space!

I think the majority here will steer u away from ATN for several reasons. Armasight (recently bought by FLIR), IR Defense (recently bought by trijicon), and Pulsar seem to fill the niche nicely depending on your needs/wants.
Haha no snowflakes here
Also I have been thinking about Armasight as well my range would usually be about 100,150, maybe 200 and 300 if I care to set up that far don't really have open areas where I hunt thick brush to some low brush. Also I heard that Armasight is going to come out with some new stuff in the 2017 shot show but don't know if that's correct or just rumor anyone have inside info on that ?

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray !! Me thinks we have a trunk Munky candidate here!! Nice pix, and nice work.