Shot show 2017

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's almost time for Shot Show and new thermal and NV products to show up. So far it's been pretty quiet rumor wise just limited talk of FLIR/Armasight new offerings maybe using 12 micron core. Haven't heard anything of IRD/trijicon new offerings or any info on the X3 320 Core systems. ATN seems focused on improving their current HD models and pulsar already launched their new 17 micron mono line (XO serious).

Last edited:

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Terry, are you going?

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not going this year, have too many irons in the fire at work right now.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anyone have any info on what armasight will be releasing with a 12 micron core? Might just have to sell my pro to upgrade.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Anyone have any info on what armasight will be releasing with a 12 micron core? Might just have to sell my pro to upgrade.
I have not heard a peep out of them about anything new, was hoping they would bit right now it does not look promising.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have not heard a peep out of them about anything new, was hoping they would bit right now it does not look promising.
I'd think with as slow as they've been on sending out new units and servicing the ones we've sent back for repair that they have been working on something new and big..

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd think with as slow as they've been on sending out new units and servicing the ones we've sent back for repair that they have been working on something new and big..

That happens when a company is bought or sold. There are management, location, and policy changes that tale place slowing things down.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pulsar is coming out with a 640 with onboard recording. Don't know any more details about it beyond that.
I heard that last year as well.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would be very surprised if Armasight didn't release new units using the FLIR 12 micron cores this year.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would be very surprised if Armasight didn't release new units using the FLIR 12 micron cores this year.
Me as well I was betting on it, but if they are they have kept it a very tight secret this time.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has a new look for a pulsar model and on board recording

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 41

JPK

LSB Active Member
A more compact design would be welcome. But they aren't too heavy.

Some of that length is in the unnecessarily long and stiff eye cup.

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermosight RM/RL/RX

When detection, identification, and reliability are non-negotiable, you count on the best. Leveraging the full power of the new BOSON 12µm thermal imaging core, the FLIR THERMOSIGHT delivers the vision you need to make every shot count. When compromise is not an option, look no further than FLIR.

Looks interesting the 12 micron core should get more mag out of the smaller lens. If the price is right I would like to grab one in the 640 core and 25mm lens size for a small compact scope. The Zeus models have been one of the quickest scopes I own to power up and get a shot off with internal shutter/nuc.

Attachments

• ThermosightRM640_left-image1-1480722978_tn.jpg
    ThermosightRM640_left-image1-1480722978_tn.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 24

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
INTRODUCING THE FIRST COMMERCIALLY-AVAILABLE 12 MICRON THERMAL IMAGING BINOCULAR. Weighing in under 600 grams and fully waterproof, The N-Vision Optics ATLAS Thermal Binocular is an extremely lightweight, yet robust Thermal Imaging Binocular constructed with durable composite molded plastics and is significantly smaller in size and weight than most thermal binoculars on the market. ATLAS features a 12 micron, 640x512 thermal core which provides a high resolution thermal image and extended detection, recognition, and identification ranges. Additionally, being equipped with an uncooled thermal core, ATLAS affords quiet operation and longer battery life. Competitively priced, ATLAS will be available in a variety of configurations suitable for RECREATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL applications and is entirely EXPORTABLE.thumbnail6-image1-1480536340_tn.jpg

This one looks promising also! Hope its affordable for us working class folks!

Last edited: