How Many Is A Sounder ??

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Of course as an outfitter you would put limits but these farmers are letting them hunt there to get rid of the hog problem damaging their crops. So do you lie to the landowner or do him the service properly?
I assume that would be discussed with the landowner....but hey, that's just me. I like everything up front so I am always welcomed to come back.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It could be possible ... my friend said he saw a whole field of them one time in Sam Houston and said it could of been 100 hogs but that was a long time ago.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We are super careful of what we say to the farmer/landowner and how we say it. We have NEVER told any of them that we will eradicate the hogs. We have never told them that we would attempt to kill every hog that we saw. We basically tell them that we will help control the hogs that are doing the damage to their crops. We have done just that. --- pruhdlr

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well...my opinion would differ a bit, because as a business, taking hunters, you want to continue to be in business so setting some limits may be necessary.

Yes I do the same on my property leaving them for guest, but on farmers & ranchers properties that want them controlled its take out many as possible. Its the only effective way.

We are super careful of what we say to the farmer/landowner and how we say it. We have NEVER told any of them that we will eradicate the hogs. We have never told them that we would attempt to kill every hog that we saw. We basically tell them that we will help control the hogs that are doing the damage to their crops. We have done just that. --- pruhdlr

In my mind control would mean eradication efforts meaning taking out entire sounders not just a few for fun and meat. Taking out a few for fun and meat is traditional hunting and there is nothing wrong with that at all! But it is most certainly not going to control of fix the farmers problem.