Holy Moly

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been using Hornady 143gr ELD-X for my 6.5 CM since September. Brian's been using the 123 SST out of his Grendel for a while.
I loaded some up over the weekend and sighted them in today.
Most accurate bullet out of my 6.5 CM to date.
More importantly check this out....
GUeYvWNl.jpg

Used a hand warmer to sight in with. The hand warmer is less then 1/8" thick. The bullet obviously expands rapidly. More importantly look at the HOLE!!!!

Some of you heard me mention that the ELD-X does not expand properly in the coyotes and deer I have shot.
I think I have found my alternative. Gonna go test these out on some yotes and hogs soon.
V E R Y I M P R E S S E D

(so far)....

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What is the significance of the hole? Several bullets pass through the same hole? Maybe I missed reading that part?

I like SST's also.

Thanks.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm also confused about the hole but glad you're happy! What velocity are u getting from the creedmore out of the 123 SST?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What is the significance of the hole? Several bullets pass through the same hole? Maybe I missed reading that part?

I like SST's also.

Thanks.
I think he is referring to the tears in the paper caused by the hand warmer being hit.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

I like SST's also.

Thanks.
That is ONE bullet hole. It hit the hand warmer, quickly expanded in less then 1/8" and that is the how rapidly and massively the bullet expanded.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Any word on the velocity you're getting from them? And what barrel length are u shooting again?
I'll have to look behind my hand warmers at the paper next time to see if the 6.8 120s start opening up like that at all.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Any word on the velocity you're getting from them? And what barrel length are u shooting again?
I'll have to look behind my hand warmers at the paper next time to see if the 6.8 120s start opening up like that at all.
20" barrel @ 2785 (Actually 2784 but... bwhahahahaha...)

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That is ONE bullet hole. It hit the hand warmer, quickly expanded in less then 1/8" and that is the how rapidly and massively the bullet expanded.
Excellent!!

How big is the hole? I couldn't really judge from the pic and am curious how much noticeable expansion you got.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
They will. It's not the bullet as much as the ejecta coming from the hand warmer. Special Ed! lol

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent!!

How big is the hole? I couldn't really judge from the pic and am curious how much noticeable expansion you got.
What he said^ lol! When I'm at the range I usually hold a coin like a nickel or something up to the paper near the bullet holes for size reference... but then it always shows my terribly chewed down fingernails in detail.