Hog Hunting tips part 1

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried something different here let me know what you think. I've written about this stuff and shown the kill videos maybe this will help someone out there I do not know.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video! Your first picture of the hogs coming out with the treeline reminds me of an area where I've shot hogs. My friend and I snuck to the upper right corner where they usually come out from and we started shooting from the back of the sounder. They did kind of what you mentioned and ran around in circles looking for a way back to the trail. We kept picking them off until I ran out of ammo.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video! Your first picture of the hogs coming out with the treeline reminds me of an area where I've shot hogs. My friend and I snuck to the upper right corner where they usually come out from and we started shooting from the back of the sounder. They did kind of what you mentioned and ran around in circles looking for a way back to the trail. We kept picking them off until I ran out of ammo.

And that is another good point if you can get between them and cover before shooting then you are golden!

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent video. Lots of great info. Now I need to get down and put it to practice.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for posting. Great, another learning tool The proof is in the pig!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Good Info!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff man! Everyone's got that one crazy cow. Hahahaha. I think you could use one marker. I could see color difference but didn't enhance education curve. (Unless you just like all the colors!). Keep up the good work.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great informational video Sir. Only request I have is that you do the next in camo so I can really get the feel. Lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys as always the compliments are very appreciated! But do not be afraid to critique or offer suggestions/improvement ideas. My goals are to produce videos people will enjoy and actually watch, while hopefully learning something. Just like everything else when you are the one doing it and focusing on it sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees. For example on facebook I got a good suggestion to tell the scope magnification and range to target in my videos, That is helpful to me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was pretty cool, all the things you have been talking about explained on a board w video backup...good job. Oh leave the tops off your markers and wait to start again after you have redrawn the board, will cut down the video time

chthump

LSB Member
Enjoyed the video, brought up some interesting tips that I haven't thought about, shooting at the back of the sounder to push them further away from cover. I have to fight off the urge to shoot the largest pig first, considering my percentages of hits, I'd better stick with the largest pig first, ha.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It was a good video. I agree about the one marker. Less things to fumble with. If that board is magnetic you may think about some hog magnets that you can pull off as you take the animal out. Also I think you should have shown the lead sow kill from the first video and explained why you did not shoot the others. I know why, but others may not remember the story. Also it shows how they can disappear in tall grass. Keep up the good work.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great stuff man! Everyone's got that one crazy cow. Hahahaha. I think you could use one marker. I could see color difference but didn't enhance education curve. (Unless you just like all the colors!). Keep up the good work.

We had her in the corral with the rest that crazy **** ran right through the fence like it was paper.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video. Relax and have fun with it. One marker is plenty for the "how-to" aspect.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Per my post on another forum, I thought it was excellent. Already got me thinking about stradgedy for my next hunt. Thanks for taking the time to do these....

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If that board is magnetic you may think about some hog magnets that you can pull off as you take the animal out.
I also liked the format. If you use magnetic hogs, you can turn them upside down as you take them out.:)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
or toss them into a bone pile w some yotes looking at it?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great information and good presentation. As a few others said, one marker, stop camera and draw new diagram then start camera and explain, try to talk to the camera more instead of the board. You have a very natural and relaxed speech pattern/rhythm that is easy to listen to.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great information and good presentation. As a few others said, one marker, stop camera and draw new diagram then start camera and explain, try to talk to the camera more instead of the board. You have a very natural and relaxed speech pattern/rhythm that is easy to listen to.
Is that code for my voice is sexy?!?!? :eek:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
:eek:

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB