Hog down on my buddies property

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
slow night, but eventually got this ~150lb boar coming out of the tree line into the pasture. Had a malfunction with my gun and my MDVR. But My buddy took care of the pig without any assistance. Somehow I didn’t have a round chambered but I specifically remember cycling the charging handle. Maybe the magazine wasn’t seated all the way?
Anywho, had a couple coyotes come out looking for the hog about 30 minutes after the shot but they winded us early on and never came back.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
#1 looked like lungs were hit, good f/u hit to anchor him. Did'ja make him buy ya breakfast to celebrate his first? LOL

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down and good shooting!! Yep had that happen before. I generally check to make sure a bullet is chambered before heading out.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. Nice hog down. Too bad about the coyotes!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
#1 looked like lungs were hit, good f/u hit to anchor him. Did'ja make him buy ya breakfast to celebrate his first? LOL
Thanks and Yes lung hit on the first shot. Pretty sure the pig wasn’t going much further without the follow up shot on the run. Pretty good amount of blood pumping out of him while he was running. 2nd shot I think hit rear hips which anchored him as he finished bleeding out.
And since it was his families property I figured it was an even trade being free land for me to hunt 30 minutes away from where I live!

Last edited:

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down and good shooting!! Yep had that happen before. I generally check to make sure a bullet is chambered before heading out.
I’m usually pretty particular about making sure everything is set up properly, as I’ve had it happen before too, bc there is a lot going on (lights, batteries, lasers, optics, ammo, mags, guns, night vision,recorders, vehicles, etc). Especially with the recent issues with my new MDVR..
My buddy can be very talkative and demanding in a conversation though and it may have distracted me while getting everything set up as he was asking questions about the equipment.

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’m usually pretty particular about making sure everything is set up properly, as I’ve had it happen before too, bc there is a lot going on (lights, batteries, lasers, optics, ammo, mags, guns, night vision,recorders, vehicles, etc). Especially with the recent issues with my new MDVR..
My buddy can be very talkative and demanding in a conversation though and it may have distracted me while getting everything set up as he was asking questions about the equipment.

Lol I can relate! On one hunt I was helping my friend get his rifle unjamed and getting my back up rifle setup for another friend. With everything going on I forgot to put my mag back in my rifle after loading it with more bullets. Saw a group of hogs, stalked up to them, counted down and everyone started shooting except for me. I did tap rack and that's when I realized no mag... :mad:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, been there myself regarding not chambering a round …

I posted this a few months ago, so it's a repeat, but it's the same situation. Magazine apparently not fully seated and no round in the chamber.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hahaha it’s even frustrating to watch the video lol