Hog Calls......

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last night was my 2nd time out to the hunting grounds in the last week. After walking the perimeter of nearly 200 acres of the hay field. We came up to the same location where I could hear the hogs 100 yards or so off on the neighbors property. The same spot I heard the hogs Monday night. With all the rain we've had in Bastrop county, its almost like the hogs could care less about the corn feeders I have setup. I haven't had a single picture on the feeder cam over the last 3 weeks on one feeder just 300 yards away.

Is there anyone on here with experience with a hog call? I've seen both grunt and squeal calls. Any help would be appreciated.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ohhh Glenn? Yer bein' paged.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Search for Glenn Guess' threads on calling. He uses both grunt tubes and specific call on a Fox-Pro. Very informative and he gets great results.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
Glenn is also on FaceBook. The deep tone grunt calls do work.
I called a big boar at my club before. Watch Glenn's video and you will learn a lot about hogs.....

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep. Im hooked. Black guns..... 2 corn feeders, 3 trail cameras $120 red led gun light, want a suppressor, saving for thermal, eventually a helmet mounted NV, Now its hog calls.

Thanks all! I looked up Glenn after ratdog68s post. After watching 2 videos of them on youtube it was easy to see they had some kind of mp3 boom box playing a call. I quickly dug out my little Ipod, a pair of battery operated speakers all while doing a search online of a free mp3. I did find one and after duct taping the speakers together was out the door and into the field with a piglet in distress call. I had no luck in the field, but was out there mainly to move a feeder, and spike the corn with that new pig supplement thats on the market and available at every truck stop I've been to.