hog calling fails

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sometimes you just can't get everyone on the same page. When the camera man, hogs and hunter can't get it together it fails! Here are some very close up called hogs that live to see another day. My favorite is the little squealer. Hog Zombies bloopers

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you scared the little one...LOL

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I laugh every time I watch that one. That little squeal cracks me up.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
notice that last hog has a chunk out of the upper shoulder/back area, looks like it was clipped by a bullet before

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
either that or crossing under fences. Lot of tight barb wire in that area as the fences get washed out a lot. It is along the Red River. I never noticed it till I ran it in slow mo.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
we see that a lot from both being shot at and fences.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In the first sequence ---- Why are you calling in an area that thick ?? I can see calling a thick area if you can set back and draw them out for even a 30yd shot. Also the lady has her shooting sticks adjusted too high...or...standing too tall. For the close shots she needed to pull the sticks back towards her so they would be lower to enable the muzzle to be pointed more downward.

Again....thank you for the vids. Very interesting and just another learning tool. --- pruhdlr

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
we start at the edge and work our way in, at the time that area was about 30 acres of nothing but brush. Now it's all gone. Had I published the whole video we explained why. The stick thing is misleading. The angle of the camera changes things and she had backed off of a hump by the time I got the camera off of her. Sometimes in a hunt our plans change due to circumstance beyond our control. Wind farming activity etc. Had we planned to hunt this are this day she would have carried a shot gun. We did go on to kill a hog. Someday I'll get the video up.