Here we go again.....

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
heading to a place tonight that is supposed to "crawling" with hogs... Friend had a game cam up for a month and took 3200 pics of hogs. Jus outside of San Antonio (2 miles), called garden ridge. Forgot when I read it, but remember somebody posting that there were hogs in the garden ridge Walmart parking lot on a regular basis late at night and didn't seem to care that people were there. Friend shot a 318lb boar jus before deer season. Have not hunted hogs since then. Put out 400 lbs of corn yesterday.. 100 in a feeder and 300 in cibilo creek bed that runs under a bluff.. Gonna get there around 6:30 and sit in blind then get out thermals and work that creek bed. Hogs have never been hunted at night... Should be good. Finally running video, hopefully have some posted tomorrow. Sighted in rifles today and ready to go. Be using the flir t50 and a new IR Hunter I'm trying out.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Go tear 'em up !! Good luck.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is the GR Pottery still there, was not a WM when I was there? I am guessing you are on some private land?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good luck on the hunt. Sounds like it could be a good time. But them up.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jus got home... Got a few hogs. Had issues with DVR, using it on IR Hunter. If the DVR shuts down or has an issue it turns the scope off. Think the scope is great, but I need to figure out the DVR. Got there at 1800, pulled up to a feeder to dump corn and saw that after all the rain the grass was 2 to 3 feet tall and full of mosquitos. Have not seen um that bad since my mom lived in rockport. Got out of the truck, dumped corn and by that time there were at least 100 of them in the truck. We sprayed OFF all over and put on long sleeves. Sat in a blind and listen to um buzz till 2100, then a single boar came out at 127 yds. I turned on dvd and hit record....scope and dvr shut down...got scope on and said screw dvr. We timed our shots and gave him 182 gr of lead ( 120 sst and 62 gr green tip)...lil shuffle , DRT. Went back to the camp and met up with another friend then headed to the bluff overlooking the creek. Walked up and got that good old "things are about to die" feeling when i looked through the scope.... 15 hogs at 116 yes downhill, oblivious to the death that was about to rain down on them. Got set up, friend on target...DVR running...countdown 3 2 1 BANG...scope shuts off! Friend kept shooting and hit couple more. The Audio kept going, the language is a little graphic but I'll post it as soon as i figure out how to. The audio is good, Bang SQUEAL!!! get it posted tonight.. gotta figure out DVR issue..Ended up with 4 down and 3 walking dead...Will be more hunts there, the hogs are there in good numbers.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats... good lookin' hog, doin' the dirt-nap like a pro too.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad scope shut down but a great classic, "shoot and squeal!"

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the audio!!:) many gun fires!! That is a dandy hog in the picture. Nice going. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well that truly sucks..did you determine what caused that?

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dax, is it possible that the battery compartment cap wasn't screwed down all the way?

I'm wondering if under recoil, the battery compartment spring compressed and broke the connection between it and the batteries. Seeing the startup screen says the unit rebooted which would fit.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's possible, first time out with that optic.. Didn't do it again

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sent that video to a friend.... He said I should title it "Sniper hits Democratic Convention"...would get tons of you tube hits and maybe a visit from the FBI. But from now on I will refer to hogs as Democrats, they feed off everybody else and screw up everything

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog ... nice rifle to boot.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting! How high up was that bluff you were shooting down from? Looked like you were pretty much straight above them.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thats a pretty steep shot. I bet that was fun sending lead raining down on them. Up here in North Texas we don't have too many tall ridges like that.