Help me spend some $ on night vision or thermal

tbannister

Currently, I'm running an AN/PVS-12 Aquila 6x Gen 3. It is big and costly, but it beats anything else I've seen at target identification , and I can get hits easily out past 500 yds. I was hunting a lease that was populated with cattle, and since Id hate to shoot bovine, I went with this unit. It's served me well. We lost the lease and now Im hunting a property that has heavy brush and I could use something more appropriate for shots under 100 yds. Whats out there that would get it done well?
Thanks for any guidance.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My ideal setup for a guy on a budget is a 3x or 4x thermal scope and a pvs14 for walking, driving, stalking etc.

I would like to add a handheld thermal too, but one item at a time.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wassman has the right idea. Contact Cliff at ******************* to see what he can do for you.

D

djones

My ideal setup for a guy on a budget is a 3x or 4x thermal scope and a pvs14 for walking, driving, stalking etc.

there ya go... got it in one try

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB

+1 on that.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got the exact setup described by Wassman- 3x Zeus 640, TW and PVS14 (and various IR lasers and IR) and a Pulsar 2x 320 HD38. The helmet only very rarely even makes it into the truck, and even more rarely makes it into the field. BUT- I don't do much driving or stalking. Mostly open fields on a golf cart 4x4 or walking. I've found that unless there is complete cloud cover and no moon, I can see where I am stepping and make it across fences and through gates. Usually have a low wattage red forehead task light to use when needed. All that being said, I'd say the 3 or 4x sight and the thermal handheld and then the helmet-mounted 14.