Help me decide

Hunter

i have had a flir r series thermal and recently sold it to upgrade to a 640. I have read so much and been browsing this sight for a few weeks. I have narrowed it down to these two and need yalls input:
Zeus 640 2-16x42 (60 Hz)
IR MKII 35mm 640
The one thing I have noticed is the ir video seems to not be as near as good in quality as the armasight. The next thing I like about the armasight is the 10 year warranty vs ird's 3 year warranty. The price on these two units is pretty much the same. A ton of people seem to say go with the ir hunter but I just don't understand why more people wouldn't use them. Does anybody have experience or pros and cons to help me pick?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Both are great units. The IR Defense does not video as well as the Zues. The quality of the image while viewing through the IR is what sold me. Plus the ease of use. I like them both so good luck with your decision.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got Zeus 640 and a IR 4.5x36. Since I haven't killed anything in a while I don't have any video to show. Both are impressive but I'd have to give the nod to the IR for image quality. I am amazed at the view every time I look through the unit.

Hunter

Do you think there will ever be an upgrade for the video quality from the ir? Video isn't a must but it ain't no fun unless you can show somebody lol

D

djones

i cud be mistaken but i thought somebody had a video of a beaver swimming around in a pond a while back. i could have sworn it was from an ir hunter. whatever it was... the image was stunning

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It was from an IR Hunter MK II. The video isn't a slouch by any means, but it isn't the same quality as the image you see in the scope. Because of that, people have a tendency to think its bad.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have a 2.5x 35mm MKII, and the image quality is the best I have seen through any thermal, Zeus 3x 75mm and LWTS included.

If you aren't making $'s off your video, go for the image quality!