Hello from East Texas

Aquatic_Robotic

Got an invite to check out this site and glad I did. Work with fish all year long so I can chase deer and pigs when time allows. Very little time to chase hogs, but have access to lots of places with pigs.

Have suppressed weapons and ready to get weapon mounted thermal unit. Hopefully when the cool weather gets here I will have time get after some of these hogs here in East Texas

Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to here.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Aquatic_Robotic

Hello Frank and thank you

I am fisheries biologist and own a private lake mgmt. company.

Will check out vendor and hope to get some advice on what thermal units might best suit my needs

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard Aquaman

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That really sounds interesting, what type of fish do you deal with normally?

Aquatic_Robotic

Most of clients want trophy bass, So we work with bass and the forage fish species that grow them LARGE. Our clients have caught more then 60 bass this year over 10 pounds with 2 14's and 15 pounder topping the scale.

Got my Masters at Auburn and went to school there with a guy from Destin. We he got his Masters he went to work for Florida Fish and Game. Sad, but I have not talked to him in more than 20 year. Kevin McDaniel.

Have a good night. Works get started at 6 in the morning and I better put me to bed.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have heard of Kevin, that is funny, we have some monster bass in FL. So your a private company and stock private lakes? All over the world I assume...Good talking and Welcome again, great forum and guys here.

Aquatic_Robotic

Frank, I am a fisheries biologist, not a fish farmer. Although we do buy and stock fish, our work revolves around lake management. We have 8 different work boats and barges including airboats, surface drive, long tail, electrfishing boat, liming barges, assessment boats. We do everything it takes to manage a lake. We do the same things your Florida Fish and Game and TPWD does except we do it on private lakes, not public lakes. We do have contract s with municipalities, state and federal facilities for aquatic vegetation control. That is about all we can do on public lakes since they are managed by the state.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Tyler has been home since 1986, but grew up in the Dallas area.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good old Tyler, Lived in Henderson and New London, as Dad was moving around for Sun Oil, like that area. Thanks for your patience in my curiosity, always find what other do interesting.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome aboard. I live about 2 hours away, but we travel to Tyler fairly often. Keep in touch and consider making it to the meet and greet in October. There are some really nice friendly people on this forum.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am right next door in Katy

Aquatic_Robotic

BRD,

Right next door to me in Tyler? I thought Katy was near Houston?

Where do I find info on this Meet & Greet? Still learning my way around here.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BRD,

Right next door to me in Tyler? I thought Katy was near Houston?

Where do I find info on this Meet & Greet? Still learning my way around here.
Distance in Texas is relative.

We are all cousins, cousin