Have you looked how much insurance is you Home Owners

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got me renewal for my home owners yesterday. It had $2,500 for guns. I went dang not so good. I listed all my weapons and scopes and guess what I did not have any where close. Please everyone take a look what is covered. FYI you would hate to take a big time loss.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went threw that exact thing a year ago. Was a real eye opener. Was not just my guns. Contents overall were underinsured. Then my agent wanted to talk vehicles after my wife and I got new ones. Same thing there.
Good information thanks for sharing. Will save someone some heartache hopefully.

Ed308

In my dreams...
Insurance Companies aren't screwing you. Just think about it as the more money they pay for claims the higher your premiums. Its all about the numbers. Typically 80% of every dollar that comes in goes toward claims, overhead, and etc. 20% profit isn't much but with the huge numbers of people who don't file claims the system works. The reason the limit on firearms is so low is because they are frequently stolen. If you had no limits for theft of firearms, the increase in your premium would be a big hit. Also, most people don't need higher limits for guns since they may have only 1 or 2 firearms. And they don't want to pay for your guns through higher premiums on their policy. Are you starting to see how it works? Think of it like paying for Florida's hurricane risk. No way I want to pay more on my policy just so they can sunbath on the beach at my expense.

Also, the special limit you are referring to is likely for theft only. Read your policy carefully. But pay particular attention to the Special Limits of Liability Section. You'll see other special limits for cash, jewelry, silverware and guns. Some are for theft only. But some are for all perils. If your policy is like mine and your guns are damaged by fire, the limit is the limit of your contents coverage. I would suggest you speak to your agent and see if they have an endorsement that can increase the limit for theft. I have one on mine which increases the limit to $5,000. Still not enough but I have a big safe!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Insurance Companies aren't screwing you. Just think about it as the more money they pay for claims the higher your premiums. Its all about the numbers. Typically 80% of every dollar that comes in goes toward claims, overhead, and etc. 20% profit isn't much but with the huge numbers of people who don't file claims the system works. The reason the limit on firearms is so low is because they are frequently stolen. If you had no limits for theft of firearms, the increase in your premium would be a big hit. Also, most people don't need higher limits for guns since they may have only 1 or 2 firearms. And they don't want to pay for your guns through higher premiums on their policy. Are you starting to see how it works? Think of it like paying for Florida's hurricane risk. No way I want to pay more on my policy just so they can sunbath on the beach at my expense.

Also, the special limit you are referring to is likely for theft only. Read your policy carefully. But pay particular attention to the Special Limits of Liability Section. You'll see other special limits for cash, jewelry, silverware and guns. Some are for theft only. But some are for all perils. If your policy is like mine and your guns are damaged by fire, the limit is the limit of your contents coverage. I would suggest you speak to your agent and see if they have an endorsement that can increase the limit for theft. I have one on mine which increases the limit to $5,000. Still not enough but I have a big safe!
I looked at policy just to cover all my guns NV and scopes was $650 per year to cover fire theft and when I took one with me. Just a little pricey. I am now looking in to the NRA insurance coverage is a lot cheaper. Total coverage was for 41K with NV so I need to make up my mind to see what I want to,do.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah it does not take long to add up, let me know where you find the best deal.

Ed308

In my dreams...
Read the policy carefully to see what the exclusions are and how they pay a claim (ie: replacement cost or actual cash value). If you find a link for their policy, let me know. I would be interested in checking out the policy myself.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Read the policy carefully to see what the exclusions are and how they pay a claim (ie: replacement cost or actual cash value). If you find a link for their policy, let me know. I would be interested in checking out the policy myself.
Google NRA insurance and it will come up I. Am going to call them next week to see what if any exclusions or cash or replacement.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Google NRA insurance and it will come up I. Am going to call them next week to see what if any exclusions or cash or replacement.
It is replacement not cash. I wonder where they would get a SEI custom M1A with Np3 coating and TRW bolt and spring rods not to mention Ti coated gas block?
M1A_zps5a1e85e8.jpg

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I no longer use a rider on my home insurance for my firearms. I now use these guys and they are cheaper then the NRA. Did a lot of research on this and these guys seemed to always pop up so I signed up.

http://www.collectinsure.com

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I no longer use a rider on my home insurance for my firearms. I now use these guys and they are cheaper then the NRA. Did alot of research on this and these guys seem to always pop up.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great rates, 30K guns,(scopes and night vision included?) and 5K in silver coins $225 a year

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I no longer use a rider on my home insurance for my firearms. I now use these guys and they are cheaper then the NRA. Did a lot of research on this and these guys seemed to always pop up so I signed up.

Thanks for sharing Ppapago! Very much appreciated

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My biggest complaint is the new deductible law here in Texas. Mine used to be $500 now it's changed to a percentage of you houses value but my payment did not go down. My understanding is this came from the black mold scams, which irritates me even more because I'm paying for something the scammers should be forced to repay.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Most of my AR's are built, few of my guns have receipts, and finally are scopes, parts, ammo and accessories covered and how on the policies. at actual cost, my personal estimate?

Ed308

In my dreams...
You could easily establish value based on cost of parts. If you don't have receipts, suggest you take pictures of everything and store if somewhere so you have a record that's not at risk of being destroyed if you had a fire. You could also show what people charge if they built a similar AR.

I looked at the links to the policies and they only provide a summary not the actual policy. But coverage looks good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I have pics and some parts lists, just curious how the Ins co would establish value went most are private sales or parts guns. I could not tell if it covered replacement cost or your valuation.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You could easily establish value based on cost of parts. If you don't have receipts, suggest you take pictures of everything and store if somewhere so you have a record that's not at risk of being destroyed if you had a fire. You could also show what people charge if they built a similar AR.

I looked at the links to the policies and they only provide a summary not the actual policy. But coverage looks good.
I have pictures and most reciepts. I sote backed up and off site encase of fire. All my guns came as whole of just uppers or lowers. Farm Beaurea has all the rest of my insurance. They have had the highes price I had to provide cost and and ser# and pictures.