hard charger tried to kill me

D

djones

caught a couple of decent porkers rummaging about. first one took it in the faaace and earholed the runner. forgot to plug in the vid cable so no movie.

couple2_zpsljpcisdc.jpg

I did get the vid working for big boy though. he took one in the head and went nuts. he actually tried to kill me with a direct charge. hit him in the faaaace and thought he was graveyard dead with his legs in the air. then he came back to life thirsty for more.

charger2_zpsqs1qk1s8.jpg

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bwhahaahha... Too bad you didn't get that on video!
Glad he's dead and you are ok.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have some decent sized porksters running around. Nice going!! BANG BANG!!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That could have gotten ugly fast.

I guess the first shot just bounced off its head or else he put another quarter in the machine for extra lives?

I shot a 300 lb one in the heart with my 300 blackout many moons ago. This only enraged the beast and caused it to head straight for my overhead light I was using to see him in the dark with.

I fired again and flipped that one over at my feet like Capstick dropping a Cape buffalo.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was one tough hog!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Man! He took a licking and kept on ticking. I might need a clean pair of panties. ( I might also have been screaming like a girl)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad you have video to back up your story telling!
I'm jealous to have that much hoggage and time to slay them!!!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Tough old boy there. Thank God you were in an open field and not heavy brush.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big, tough boar there ! He did look like he was stiff-legged and done before getting back up again. Way to hang with him and keep pokin' 'im.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man tough one... glad u downed him

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good times

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That Hog absorbed several hard hits before going down for good.
What round and bullet were you using?

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are giving em hell! Good job. Are you adding your numbers to the 2016 kill count?

D

djones

Man! He took a licking and kept on ticking. I might need a clean pair of panties. ( I might also have been screaming like a girl)
i did have to edit out some audio on the clip, lol

That Hog absorbed several hard hits before going down for good.
What round and bullet were you using?
hunting has been too good lately so i haven't gone back to try to figure out what's wrong with my jamming reloads. i went with black hills 168gr match hp. perhaps a bullet better suited for hunting might have anchored him, but i wouldn't trade that experience for a dozen bang/flop kills.

You are giving em hell! Good job. Are you adding your numbers to the 2016 kill count?
haven't been keeping up with that. i'll try to get a total for the end of the month.

Tough old boy there. Thank God you were in an open field and not heavy brush.

speaking of... i had one such hunt a while back and let greed overcome common sense. i sighted in a friends night scope on his pof creedmoor. naturally i had to hunt it and got a pretty good shot on a hog with it, but he made it into the tall grass. i shouldn’t have gone in after him, but i really wanted him, so i followed with pistol and flashlight. when i got close i could see the top of the 8 foot grass lay over in the moonlight as he ran at me. he had a hard time getting through the grass, and i was able to retreat back to the truck.

i wanted more firepower, so i ditched the pistol and grabbed the rifle. the long barrel with my shark can on it wasn't very maneuverable. none the less, i held the flashlight against the hand guard and let the shark lead the way. this time when he charged i started firing in the direction of the snarls and thrashing grass. after a few shots the flashlight somehow shut off, and i lost my footing, stumbling to the ground in darkness.

i kept my bearings from the moonlight and kept firing where the grass was slapping the ground under his lunging hoofs. the pof dumped the magazine flawlessly in mere seconds in the direction of oncoming painful and violent death. i held my breath in hopes to keep as quite as the rifle that just screeched to a halt; straining to hear anything that might indicate if i was about to be gored to death or eaten alive. there was no sound. i continued to lay silently for a while, scared to make a move or a sound in case he was waiting for me. scratch that... i hopped up and used my hand like a machete to clear a path back to the truck and reload and get a better flashlight. followed my swath back in and he was just a few yards from where i fell, dreaming about tender, tasty morsels of djones.

pof_zpsvhj7skig.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great writings, that had to be a fun one

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang Zombie hog!!!!!!! You must like the Adrenaline rush. Glad you heart is still beating. Being on the ground with hog running around is No Bueno........

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Since you've admitted to wearing women's underwear and screaming like a girl, you may want to keep your blinds closed at night. DJ is into that kinda stuff and is probably working furiously to track down your address. You both live in TX, but hopefully he lives a long way from you.