Half century old and first hog!

c4man

Hey Guys,

Checking in after long absence. I did hunt hogs in June but it rained five days straight and it was a complete washout.

I didn't give up and this last Friday before last I made the three hundred mile trip to Brazoria county to hunt on a friend of a friend's six hundred acre ranch.

We have six feeders and hunt from ground blinds without any night vision or thermal scopes ( I wish). Weather was beautiful other than a lot of standing water. Friday night didn't see any hogs but all the cards we pulled from the game cameras showed lots of activity.

Saturday night I chose the feeder with the most activity and back in the wettest part of the property. Wind was out of the south and I couldn't sit North of feeder because woods too thick. I chose to sit East of feeder about fifty yards away behind two large Palmetto plants next to a large tree.

First hog I saw came out about six o'clock and was twenty yards from me just North of me. I only saw about half his body and he smelled me and I was afraid to make any quick movement for fear of him bolting. He wandered off pretty quickly.

Second hog showed up about thirty minuted later and was walking down the road to feeder from the West about hundred yards away. I had two small trees and lots of branches in my way, again before I could get a shot off pig gone.

Finally at about ten till eight I am in perfect position no obstructions and out of the woods to the North of feeder came about seven or eight pigs.
17048298955_77212d82b6_z.jpg

All about the same size. Everyone of them were facing me for about thirty seconds and as soon as one turned broad side I popped him.
16860743770_a9d6bfde74_z.jpg
.[/url] by chris4man, on Flickr[/IMG]
16860743770_a9d6bfde74_z.jpg

I know this is may be too long for some people to read, but I finally got my first one and the next ones should come easier.

Chris

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is awesome! Stories are good around here and glad to see you got your first, great job!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cherry popped!, they get easier after the 1st!

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats! Now come to the "dark side". Night vision and thermal.;)

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice eating size piggy there. Congratulations on the first. Don't wait another half century for number 2.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats ! Nice pig. Enjoyed the tale, not too long either. Now, go git'cha s'more !

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on your first hog! Hope for more to come.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awesome write-up

thanks for sharing the pictures