Hagerman Wildlife Refuge

dan11589

Has anyone participated in the hunt they have in March before? The land I generally hog hunt on is all around the refuge. This will be my first year to hunt on the refuge. I was just wondering if anyone else might be there.

dan11589

For Hog??

Yeah, they hand out a set amount of permits for a 3 day hunt in March. It's something like $30 and its first come, first served. You have to line up in person and its usually the first week of January. I've always passed it up, but I recently lost out on some prime hog hunting real estate so I'm looking for a few other options.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a blast!! I called the main # about the Brazoria Wildlife refuge and asked them if they ever talked about letting some hog hunters in there. The answer was NO!! They use to let folks in there 1st come 1st to trap but you had to carry your stuff in by hand and out and nothing was to be left there. Did not ask how long they did that but he said it was a pain so they do not do that anymore. They just opened some more area for the duck guys last year but that is about it. Folks on 2004 (the FM road) down here are whacken hogs all the time with their cars and you see them on the side of the road too. I am sure there are hogs in there by the ton!! Sounds like a blast. If you get in post up all the swine you get to whack!!! BANG BANG!!