LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice head shot! Fixing your hog problem with a now or crossbow fail. Lol

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty nice shooting.

I heard of guys mounting eotech sights on there crossbows and putting a pvs14 behind it. I guess it was so they wouldn't run off from the lights like the first few hogs in the video did. I don't think the opportunity for a follow up shot on other hogs in the sounder would be possible because of the reload time.

Good weapon choice for crowded cattle pasture.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
the light he has in his hand towards the end of the vides looks really similar to one of the unique fire flashlights that Frank wrote about in one of his posts...

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's one of them unicorn pigs I heard about.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty nice shooting.

I heard of guys mounting eotech sights on there crossbows and putting a pvs14 behind it. I guess it was so they wouldn't run off from the lights like the first few hogs in the video did. I don't think the opportunity for a follow up shot on other hogs in the sounder would be possible because of the reload time.

Good weapon choice for crowded cattle pasture.
I bet if you DRT a hog out of a sounder and don't make much noise the hogs would hang out for a short while trying to figger out what happened to their buddy. Especially if you took the lead sow. Hogs are very social critters and live in fairly tight knit groups, so as long as there was no screaming or running around the rest of the sounder would continue to feed while a couple would come over to check things out, lining you up for the next shot!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't think I have ever seen that shot w an arrow, seldom w a gun...excellent! I do wish the hog had been 200+ though and the same shot.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet if you DRT a hog out of a sounder and don't make much noise the hogs would hang out for a short while trying to figger out what happened to their buddy. Especially if you took the lead sow. Hogs are very social critters and live in fairly tight knit groups, so as long as there was no screaming or running around the rest of the sounder would continue to feed while a couple would come over to check things out, lining you up for the next shot!

I bet it makes a thus just like a subsonic bullet and they still run. Of course there are always those pigs that just don't run even after a unsuppressed shot Lol!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have shot a lot of deer and hogs with a compound bow and have been on the other side of a field while my friend has shot deer with a bow. If that arrow hits any sort of bone it makes some noise. Sometimes it sounds like someone hitting a baseball with a wooden bat. Plus, most crossbows make some noise. Now, neither of them are as loud as a suppressed rifle with supersonic ammo, but they are probably close to a suppressed semi-auto rifle with sub-sonic loads. The loudest noise is the arrow hitting the anima

I digress. Pretty cool video.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
To me xbows sound like a gun going off, very loud.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Das one dead Poke-Chop ! Nice way to get one on the sneak.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He had to be very close. The fire dot on the shaft was way cool.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting with tracer ammo hum. Is it legal?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunting with tracer ammo hum. Is it legal?
"Lumenock" A light that comes on inside the nock of the bolt when shot from the weapon.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love this aspect of hog hunting. One of these days I may tap into my evil side and try a tannerite ambush...:eek:;):)

I thought the same thing until I watched it. Just wounds most of them. As much as I dislike hogs do not wish to just wound them.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang i would've thought it would at least knock them out making for easy pickings. Maybe I'll test the theory out on a smaller scale first...coons!